Respected Contributor

So I suggest what I did - give yourself a break from QVC. I've been doing this for weeks now and It is very "freeing". No more concern about product variety, S&H charges and hosts that drive you up a wall. Loving it.

Respected Contributor

What changed? Time moved on and QVC moved right along with it.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I've given myself a break from QVC, all right. I simply can't watch their 'gift' shows. Moreover, as a customer, I don't care why they're doing what they're doing, I don't enjoy it. It might well be 'working for them' but it isn't working for me, again, as a customer... To say all the TV-based home shopping options have their sticking points really isn't the answer. Because all of them are bad, it's all right for QVC to be bad too? At one time, QVC was the go-to network. Anymore, they might well be the most boring of the big three. Certainly, their repetitive holiday wares grew beyond stone cold several years ago, which was when they started showing many of them. And agreed, they need to hop on the customer incentive bandwagon with something other than Easy Pay.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 12/9/2014 Perkup said:

So I suggest what I did - give yourself a break from QVC. I've been doing this for weeks now and It is very "freeing". No more concern about product variety, S&H charges and hosts that drive you up a wall. Loving it.

My last purchase was March 2012 which I returned since it was broken.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor
On 11/21/2014 QMaven said: I agree. I avoid buying electronics, Bose, etc from QVC because so often the item they are selling is a discontinued or older model. I learned this the hard way.

That's true, but it doesn't mean I avoid them, I just do my research first. I wouldn't buy last year's model for a gaming computer or a phone, but there a lot of things where you don't need to worry about the fastest processor or the newest features and can get a great value. It's about being an educated consumer and knowing the difference between a good value and a lower price.

Regular Contributor

Seems every time I tune in to the Q they are selling Vionic shoes or Dooney , Susan Graver Judith Ripka, Bronzo or electronics. They have become very redundant and boring. And a lot of the hosts seem to be just going through the motions and same old yack fest about those products. I usually look on line to see what they have which hasn't been very exciting lately and then move on to check out Shop Q or HSN or JTV. And if all fails, just turn it off and do something productive.

Trusted Contributor

I posted this on another thread, but I believe what you are seeing now are products selected under the previous management team. I can only think the new management team is reading these forums, reading Facebook, watching HSN - totally looking for a new selling style to keep QVC current. The 20-somethings aren't buying here, but we mature women sure are if the price is right. I agree - get on the free shipping bandwagon, have a $9.95 shipping charge day (for instance, you could buy 10 beauty items and they ship for a total of $9.95 if purchased on the same day), shake things up to match other online retailers' policies.

Super Contributor

Once upon a time I had the TV tuned to QVC all day long. As i plugged along in my day the hosts kept me company, made me laugh and the products made me stop and take pause. I loved that they sold things you couldn't find anywhere else, and, at a great price.

Now the hosts give me anxiety, I haven't watched since I got an email about the Ninja 4-1 that I tuned in to see what it was about. The TV went on and after the presentation, the channel was changed and has not returned since.

I miss that QVC.

Honored Contributor

There certainly did seem to be a more festive atmosphere when I first started watching. They'd take some time out to celebrate a host anniversary with some old clips or there'd be more casual conversation between host as one went off and another began. Things just seemed more friendly and casual, not so scripted and hard sell.

It doesn't feel the same as it used to, and part of that is the product line up as well. So many old favorites are gone, and nothing similar to replace them. Hope the powers that be are taking a good look at these sites and taking notes.

Esteemed Contributor
On 12/9/2014 Perkup said:

That is what I am doing -- taking a break. I have only ordered one thing in the last month. I am looking forward to getting a credit card statement with no QVC on it once all the easy pays are done with. Whenever I am out of town and not watching QVC, then go home to watch it, I wonder why I ever got sucked into it in the first place, because it just seems so phony and boring. Then slowly I start watching more and more. But I think this time I am done for good. I have to keep telling myself that I have much better things to do than to watch someone sell me something (that I don't need) on TV.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead