Honored Contributor

Re: QVC we want u to survive!

[ Edited ]

@LilMadi wrote:

@Spurt-your comments were very well said and dead on.

I'm not fond of QVC's tactics etc. I really think they need someone to come in and do a complete overhaul. They could benefit from so many changes. Although I have numerous complaints, my primary issue is with the behavior of the hosts. Mostly and especially but not limited to the food shows. And even if the prices were reasonable, their behavior prevents me from making food purchases, just like it has for the last few years. Imo, it's worse than ever and for so many reasons.

I understand their job is to sell but between their comments and behavior, I can barely watch or listen to them anymore. Some more than others and yes I do change the channel, but I really wish I didn't have to. 

@LilMadi 

Thank you for your kind words. 

You really "nailed it" in your comments and agree 100%. I cant watch the food shows AT ALL due to the behavior of the host......

I'm with you perhaps our interest may be peaked with an item, but the host's "antics" are so annoying and not informative at all so we just turn the channel and move on...

You wonder is this really a Shopping Channel or a host's "personal talk show" sometimes you cant tell the difference......the "honey, honey, honey, honey", all the personal stories and clothing fantasy "picture this" stories, then there's the  "Rapunzel hair extensions" that one host wears and then she constantrly likes to play with it ----it's just ridiculous and distracting---it also looks very fake ....there was nothing wrong with her natural hair, she looked nice, SMH! .... then there's the immature silliness" .....Come on folks this isnt "Nickelodeon".....

The hosts should show a little personality and throw in a little fun, but the hosts need to remember your job is SELLING and its selling PRODUCTS, not yourself! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Hi spurt- I hear you - we Boomers need different products now- AKA niches- many companies missing economic opportunities.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@birdQ13 wrote:
Hi spurt- I hear you - we Boomers need different products now- AKA niches- many companies missing economic opportunities.

@birdQ13 

Yep, companies are ignoring the Boomers who have cash to spend.   Their loss is our gain in our wallet$....we can use our extra cash on other things like vacations, hobbies, high end dinning, and maybe even our pets, or charities...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

Like everything else qvc is trying to keep up with the times. They have live streams, what is popular on tik tok, etc.  anything they can do to expand their viewership and sales.  I was watching the other morning and some 15,000 tsv item had been sold already...people are watching and people are buying. A huge number compared to the few that get on the forums and complain about the hosts, the presentations, the products etc.  I mainly watch the fashion shows, yes there are some hosts that I prefer over other ones but who cares...we don’t have to be friends with these people.  I find it strange how people get mad over qvc!  I did get annoyed by the shipping but that seems to have improved lately.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Whispergirl wrote:

Like everything else qvc is trying to keep up with the times. They have live streams, what is popular on tik tok, etc.  anything they can do to expand their viewership and sales.  I was watching the other morning and some 15,000 tsv item had been sold already...people are watching and people are buying. A huge number compared to the few that get on the forums and complain about the hosts, the presentations, the products etc.  I mainly watch the fashion shows, yes there are some hosts that I prefer over other ones but who cares...we don’t have to be friends with these people.  I find it strange how people get mad over qvc!  I did get annoyed by the shipping but that seems to have improved lately.  

You can say look at recent sales and think QVC must be doing well,but in reality and the financial reports show that sales are NOT doing well!!! You can talk about the small number of people on the Forums complaining compared to the sales, (fact---according to the Financial Presentation a lot of customers are walking away without buying ot saying a word). Also you need to compare sales for ALL the merchandise that has been presented but not sold (ever wonder why "A Big Deal" had an encore performance---because it wasnt selling)!

And QVC's sales have been in a negative state since 2006. And thi s occurred way before the pandemic, inflation/recession, supply chain issues etc etc... And now the declines in sales and revenues are in double digits!!!!  In the Press Conferenc even Q's new CEO was concerned and has set forth a strategy to correct the negative trend---if things were going so well, why was he concerned??????
Esteemed Contributor

The absolute number of items QVC sells is completely irrelevant. 

What matters is are they making a profit on the product being sold.

Given recent history, the answer is a resounding "no."

Esteemed Contributor

If customer service is bad, I think twice about buying just because I can't handle the problems that might ensue with a return.  QVC should work on an easy return experience for their customers.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spurt said:

"Thank you for your kind words. 

You really "nailed it" in your comments and agree 100%. I can't watch the food shows AT ALL due to the behavior of the host......

I'm with you perhaps our interest may be peaked with an item, but the host's "antics" are so annoying and not informative at all so we just turn the channel and move on...

You wonder is this really a Shopping Channel or a host's "personal talk show" sometimes you can't tell the difference......the "honey, honey, honey, honey", all the personal stories and clothing fantasy "picture this" stories, then there's the  "Rapunzel hair extensions" that one host wears and then she constantly likes to play with it ----it's just ridiculous and distracting---it also looks very fake ....there was nothing wrong with her natural hair, she looked nice, SMH! .... then there's the immature silliness" .....Come on folks this isn't "Nickelodeon".....

The hosts should show a little personality and throw in a little fun, but the hosts need to remember your job is SELLING and it's selling PRODUCTS, not yourself! "

You're very welcome. As always Spurt and true to form, your statements could not be more true! I wish QVC would make some changes based on them.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

@Spurt  - Did you ever write to Mr. Rawlison?

Esteemed Contributor

Since Quartes took over HSN, everything has gotten much much worse. After the Q expelled so many vendors, we had less productss. Then, the Q began exchanging products with HSN. Now you see many same products on both sites. More and more less products. The customer loses out. 

The Q financials aren't going to improve with two hours of Dooney, Josie and Philosophy!

The Q isn't improving by showing hours and hours of Xmas things, which can be bought almost anywhere at better prices.

Programming is terrible. And how do they solve it? Hiring more hosts and diversity is the problem. They need a Latina, Asian, more men and African Americans. The hosts are new; too bad, they don't care about the real problems.