Respected Contributor

From Zulily:

"We announced to our team members some hard choices we have made for our organization to bring our operating expenses in line with our revenue and position our business for future growth,” a Zulilly spokesperson said.

The retailer declined to share details about the number of people impacted in the round of layoffs, but stated they would receive support including severance payments, the continuation of some benefits and outplacement assistance. 

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting info @Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes .  I get catalogs from all of those companies and enjoy browsing thru but the price for most of the goods, well, it's too expensive for me even if I like the look.

A few years ago I got a good deal on some outdoor holiday decor but of course it has faded with the weather beating it up. I was considering replacing it from Frontgate but the prices kept me from doing that. 

Occasional Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@debfau wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

In Q's quarterly and annual reports it's mentioned that Ballard Designs, Frontgate and I think they also said Garnet Hill, were showing record sales increases. At least they are making some money with these. 

Maybe that was because people were having to furnish their new homes they purchased when the interest rates were so low there for a few years; sales at the end of this year probably won't be so good.

They are spendy places but the quality is terrific. 

I am not sure what is going on, they are saying recession, stock market crashes and all this doom and gloom. I work in the restaurant business and we are seeing record numbers. We can't hire staff fast enough. I live in a building that bills itself as a luxury building and we have 75 people on the waitlist to move in. As I drove around the stores and malls are packed. My esthetician has hired three new people in the last couple of months. She is booked out six weeks ahead for any kind of treatments. That is a lot of Botox, lasers and facials for a poor economy.

This could be based on the State or region you live in.  Some states are doing much better than others.  This certainly is not the case in many areas.  It's just the opposite.