Super Contributor

I turned on the Isaac show this afternoon hosted by Melissa McGoff. She was presenting sandals.  Her fore arms are full of tattoos.  I am not sure what they all mean but they distracted from the product so I turned show off.  I would have thought the Q would ask for them to be covered while on air.  Am  I just being an old fuddy duddy about this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I an old fuddy duddy?

@Tshirtgal wrote:

I turned on the Isaac show this afternoon hosted by Melissa McGoff. She was presenting sandals.  Her fore arms are full of tattoos.  I am not sure what they all mean but they distracted from the product so I turned show off.  I would have thought the Q would ask for them to be covered while on air.  Am  I just being an old fuddy duddy about this?

@Tshirtgal , Respectfully, yes.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

No, you are not being an old fuddy duddy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should be able to express it freely without judgement.

Of course that is not always the case here, I see many people getting attacked for expressing thoughts.

Honored Contributor

I don't think so.  I very much dislike tats.  Can't imagine what these people will look like when they're older and the skin is sagging!!  Ugh!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So many people have tattoos these days, I guess I've just gotten used to seeing them.  Many of my friends and family members have them.

While I don't have any, I always said if I could ever think of something that meant enough to me I might get a very small one.  I've yet to come up with one though.  Plus, I wouldn't want to picture what it might look like on me in years to come lol. Oh, and my mom would still kill me lol!  She hates tattoos.

Honored Contributor

Do what you want with your body...I just don't like to see someone's arms, legs covered in them...don't get me started on the nose ring, ick.

The preachers at our church have many tatoos as well as one of the wives.

Respected Contributor

While I am not a fan of Tattoos, I respect that many people have them. In fact, I have had some people with lots of tattoos make a big impact in my life. I would never get a tattoo though. I train RN's and find many young ones have tattoos, At first I thought "oh my:, now I just move on from that realizing that they are acceptable in today's society. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

No, you are not being an old fuddy duddy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should be able to express it freely without judgement.

Of course that is not always the case here, I see many people getting attacked for expressing thoughts.

@RetRN , Well respectfully, she asked. I don't have any tats but I have no problem with others. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1, I was in no way criticizing your post. I am sorry if you took it that way. I was simply giving my response.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tshirtgal  I don't think you are wrong in your belief.  I don't mind one or two pretty tattoos on a women's body, but when they are covered in them it isn't a very pretty look.  

I don't like seeing men with a lot of tattoos either.  My husband doesn't have any tattoos and I am very grateful for that.  Now I admit, when I was young and single, I had a very small tattoo of a four-leaf clover tattooed on my ankle to represent my Irish heritage.  It is small enough that if I needed to hide it I could cover it with a band-aid.

That is as far as I would ever go so I guess I am a fuddy duddy too.