Regular Contributor

Re: Am I an old fuddy duddy?

Covering arms is a great idea qvc please think about it.another thing alberti doesn't need to be hosting women clothes especially bra
Super Contributor

@Tshirtgal Believe it or not, I can remember when people thought pierced ears were unsightly or worn only by itinerant workers or ladies of dubious background. This was where I grew up in rural, small town Appalachia in the 1950's.

Then Peyton Place hit the TV screens in the 1960's & Mia Farrow's little pearl studs were all the rage & we all had to have our ears pierced.

Today it's hard to find clip on or screw back earrings. Fads come & go don't they?

I am not endorsing tattoos by any means, and can't imagine that I would have ever had one on my body, but I try not to judge people because people of all walks of life have them anymore. To each his own.

Honored Contributor

not a fan of them for myself.

they dont bother me a bit on those who choose to express their style, their thoughts, their feelings in this way.

three children and two have them. they were adults when they got them. my ex husband was upset, crying, and furious when he found out. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Yes, you are a fuddy duddy.
Honored Contributor

And you are rude.

Trusted Contributor

I just picture the person at 75 looking like a weathered old sailor.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saw Melissa McGoff on Q2 the other day and her sleeves were just below her elbow.  I saw no tattoos on inner arms, presume she covered with makeup...just what I would expect to see on Q, arms minus tattoos!

Update:  just saw her recently in a 3/4 sleeve shirt, with about 4 small tattoos on her inner arm and wrist...unattractive, inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

@frenchie wrote:

Before my hubby left fkr the Navy at 18, he promised his grandmother he wouldn't get one. So he didn't. My grandson is a wrestler and has many. His mom is covered, his wife, my granddaughter they all have them. Nose rings look ridiculous. I would rather see nice well cared for skin. At least clothing and jewelry can be changed. No I do not like body graffiti.

@frenchie There seems to be certain professions that draw tattoos to the people in them, as you mentioned wrestling.  Also food industry, sports, exercise training, some beauty professions, etc. Overall I do not like tattoos, more so on women as it detracts from a womans natural beauty, but excessiveness on any human body is ugly to me!  I also wonder if decorating the body with all that colored ink will have any future health effects?

Honored Contributor

I don't see the purpose.

Trusted Contributor

I usually refrain from posting on this topic as sometimes the discussion can get quite heated. But today for some reason, I felt compelled to speak my piece.

I personally don't have any tattoos and neither does my husband. most likely because we are the older generation. I have my ears pierced and back in the 60's when I did that my father was livid. lol So that sort of puts things in perspective-and that has been my one and only piercing. I'm not particularly fond of nose or eyebrow piercings as I find them distracting. But I don't disapprove either.

My daughter has a couple of tattoos and my son has many. Right now he is at our house as he has taken his vacation to drive 12 hours to spend with us and help my husband with projects that we are getting too old to tackle on our own.

So what I am trying to say, is the content of someone's character has nothing to do with the way they decide to decorate their body. Who a person is on the inside is what really counts in life.

This is my opinion.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx