Honored Contributor

Re: Todd English has left HSN

On 4/4/2014 brunette8706 said:
On 4/4/2014 chickenbutt said:

I cannot help wondering if he ditched hsn for the express purpose of ditching Joy. She's so very obnoxious and he's completely different in demeanor. If I were him I'd want to find a new home without all the crazy nutso stuff.

One reason I mentioned ShopHQ is that they seem to be getting more and more into selling kitchen stuff (smart move, branching out) so if they could attract more known chefs it would be to their advantage toward that end.

I don't shop there, or actually any shopping network anymore, much. But I have found myself purchasing a few things there lately - two from their kitchen items and one pair of 14k earrings (that I love). I used to love them back in the ValueVision days. They had THE best fine jewelry and loose gemstones. Too bad now they are more into costume jewelry - just like the other shopping networks.

OH MY GOSH! Remember he and Joy did a joint venture with the green pans. SHE WOULD NOT SHUT UP! She would NOT LET HIM TALK!

ITA, Joy is the SG of HSN. They both should be in a talk a thon! Don't know who would win? I couldn't listen to Joy when she was on QVC. Yak, Yak Yak non stop. I start to almost shake with mnervousness. Have to turn it off! A friend of mine talks like that, on and on, bless her. I feel my blood pressure rise, and feel like I have to flee. Mangano is a part of HSN, she works with Todd English, Serena Willams, Rosie Odonnell and other celebrities bring a product to HSN.

from bloomberg

Ms. Joy Mangano is the Founder of Ingenious Designs LLC, a subsidiary of HSN, Inc. and serves as its President. Since IDL's inception in 1991, Ms. Mangano has been in charge of all corporate operations, product development and designing, manufacturing, marketing, and distributing IDL's innovative products. She is chiefly responsible for the success of products such as My Little Steamer®, Clothes It All® luggage system, Elevations® oven with adjustable heating elements, ...

Honored Contributor

With any luck, he's on his way over to QVC. I love to watch him.

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2014 MoJoV said:
On 4/4/2014 LuvMM1 said: National enquirer posted pics of Chef in a hot tub with a bunch of hot babes. Claims he off the deep end.

The few times I saw him selling, I thought he was kind of creepy and out of it.

I agree about the creepy and out of it also.

Regular Contributor

I've purchased "green pans" from Target and from what I have seen quite a few people put their names on these pans but the ones I purchased don't have any celebrity chef associated with them.

The reason I bought them was for the high heat durability since they can go on the grill, under the broiler, etc.., Like every non-stick pan (depending on what I cook) I use a bit of butter or olive oil. When I see Bob Warden making eggs and such using the line he sells, I see him rub butter in the pan before cooking. Nothing really needs any type of fat except perhaps eggs and maybe pancakes.

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2014 BooBoo2 said:

The Green Pans are terrible. I watched many presentations when they first were on and caved in and bought a set.

What a mistake! The first 2 times were ok. After that forget it. Everything sticks even with oil or butter which you are not supposed to have to use according to Todd and that terrible woman who was partnered up with him (Joy)

It was an awful waste of money.

They had awful reviews too.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Regular Contributor

HSN doesn't seem to have luck with their cookware people. First Art Krull of Ultrex fame who left everyone high and dry with no one to honor warranty issues. Years ago they had this other celebrity chef, who was known as the "Rock n' Roll Chef". I swear the hostess almost needed to take a cold shower and if she said R n' R chef once, it was a million times.

Respected Contributor

On 4/4/2014 VaBelle35 said:

He was on an episode of Chef Wanted and he was totally high or drunk the entire episode and they got a good portion of his melt down on camera.

I had major health issues back during this time and was homebound and watched a lot of FoodNetwork and HGTV. I saw Chef Wanted and remember this episode. About a year later the winner of that show put out a scathing review of the whole experience.

Todd did act out of sorts during that epi and was gushing about the winner and told him he needed to quit his job now and head to Olives and how he had such a great future ahead of him. A year later the winner said that the management of Olives had called and kept telling him they'd get back to him until eventually they stopped calling and taking his calls.

When asked about it, Todd said the show NEVER guaranteed any winner a job, just the potential for one and he's sorry the kid (winner) didn't understand that. People who know or have worked for him say that fits - that's Todd and they feel that he "used" FoodNetwork. As in - Olives was hurting even back then and this was just "free" publicity and once he'd gotten that, he didn't need the "show", a chef or anything anymore. The comments posted about Todd English (from many sources) were not kind. So now he's the one falling - karma, perhaps.

Esteemed Contributor

I made the mistake of purchasing a set of his green pans & hate them. My issue is with the handles. So much for the lifetime guarantee.

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2014 MoJoV said:
On 4/4/2014 LuvMM1 said: National enquirer posted pics of Chef in a hot tub with a bunch of hot babes. Claims he off the deep end.

The few times I saw him selling, I thought he was kind of creepy and out of it.

My same thought exactly. Was going to post this then saw you beat me to it.

Vicki

Honored Contributor

I bought those green frying pans he and Joy sold together on HSN. They're fine, although, I don't use them much.

I never could understand one thing that man said. He reminded me of that cartoon character, "MR. MAGOO". He mumbled worse than anyone I've ever seen on TV!

I think I bought them because I could understand Joy!