Contributor

Re: Todd English has left HSN

FYI: There is more info/gossip on http://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/ concerning Todd English.

Respected Contributor

I love the copper-fused Elite green pans of his. I can't speak to the regular ones, but the copper ones are fantastic and beautiful to look at.

Respected Contributor

His presentations with Joy always confused me. Not that I watched much, because I wasn't interested in buying pots & pans from a home shopping show. But, they just seemed like a very odd pairing. However, she is quite a talker and I would consider Todd to be the opposite, so maybe they balanced each other out. I felt more like it was Joy sticking her nose is someone else's business just to make more $$$.

Honored Contributor

I cannot help wondering if he ditched hsn for the express purpose of ditching Joy. She's so very obnoxious and he's completely different in demeanor. If I were him I'd want to find a new home without all the crazy nutso stuff.

One reason I mentioned ShopHQ is that they seem to be getting more and more into selling kitchen stuff (smart move, branching out) so if they could attract more known chefs it would be to their advantage toward that end.

I don't shop there, or actually any shopping network anymore, much. But I have found myself purchasing a few things there lately - two from their kitchen items and one pair of 14k earrings (that I love). I used to love them back in the ValueVision days. They had THE best fine jewelry and loose gemstones. Too bad now they are more into costume jewelry - just like the other shopping networks.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/4/2014 chickenbutt said:

I cannot help wondering if he ditched hsn for the express purpose of ditching Joy. She's so very obnoxious and he's completely different in demeanor. If I were him I'd want to find a new home without all the crazy nutso stuff.

One reason I mentioned ShopHQ is that they seem to be getting more and more into selling kitchen stuff (smart move, branching out) so if they could attract more known chefs it would be to their advantage toward that end.

I don't shop there, or actually any shopping network anymore, much. But I have found myself purchasing a few things there lately - two from their kitchen items and one pair of 14k earrings (that I love). I used to love them back in the ValueVision days. They had THE best fine jewelry and loose gemstones. Too bad now they are more into costume jewelry - just like the other shopping networks.

OH MY GOSH! Remember he and Joy did a joint venture with the green pans. SHE WOULD NOT SHUT UP! She would NOT LET HIM TALK!

Trusted Contributor

On 4/4/2014 BooBoo2 said:

The Green Pans are terrible. I watched many presentations when they first were on and caved in and bought a set.

What a mistake! The first 2 times were ok. After that forget it. Everything sticks even with oil or butter which you are not supposed to have to use according to Todd and that terrible woman who was partnered up with him (Joy)

It was an awful waste of money.

I've had mine almost since he first presented them (a few years ago) and I still use them everyday. They are the best nonstick pans that I've ever had. I followed the instructions for care and cleaning when they first arrived and still do today and I have never had any problems with anything sticking.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, she had diarrhea of the mouth, woman never drew a breathe I hit the remote LOL

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/4/2014 LuvMM1 said: National enquirer posted pics of Chef in a hot tub with a bunch of hot babes. Claims he off the deep end.

The few times I saw him selling, I thought he was kind of creepy and out of it.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I liked my green pans, but some of them ended up being less than non stick.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

He was on an episode of Chef Wanted and he was totally high or drunk the entire episode and they got a good portion of his melt down on camera.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN