Honored Contributor

Re: Scrambled Eggs in an Instant-Pot?

@aroc3435   Yes, and thank you!  But I understand having those kinds of appliances.  I have a crock pot I use once in a while, and a countertop oven for the rare occasion I need three ovens.  But some here have appliances for everything!!!  Rice cookers, egg cookers, deep fryers, air fryers, electric griddles and skillets, that NuWave thing, quesadilla makers, etc,; the list goes on!  Then they post here that they have no room on their counters.  LOL

I know people like what they like and are free to buy whatever they want.  I just wonder if someone convinced them they need a rice cooker to make rice and and egg cooker to hard boil eggs.

I know my question was kind of dumb so thanks for taking the time to answer so thoughtfully.

(Confession:  I was actually kind of curious about that Instant Pot thing.)

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon   I don't think your question was dumb.  The Instant Pot is, with maybe a little bit of extra bells and whistles, an electonic pressure cooker with a STAINLESS STEEL pot.  I've contemplated getting one, but until my current non-stick pressure cooker dies I am not purchasing one, even though I would prefer the stainless feature.  My son and his fiancee bought the Instant pot

and love it.  And they both are excellent home cooks but work crazy, busy schedules. 

I cook my rice and eggs, hard boiled and otherwise, on the stove. 

Valued Contributor

I find that the big advantage of specialty kitchen appliances is that they make making certain foods that you like almost effortless. With a rice maker I don't have to worry about rice boiling over on the stove. Although these days I use my Instant Pot for making rice. My slow cooker is good for making baked beans and Mississippi Roast. My Instant Pot is great for yogurt, ribs, roasts, and certain slow-cooking veggies like beets and squash. My George Foreman grill is not only great for searing salmon and draing the fat off, but has plates to make it into a waffle-maker. I could make all these things on the stove or in the oven but the specialty appliances have the advantage that you stuff the food in and forget it. You don't have to watch it and nurse it along on the stove through potentially hours of cooking time and frequently readjusting the temperature. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntMame     You need a Ninja Foodi too ! LOL

Valued Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@AuntMame     You need a Ninja Foodi too ! LOL

I just Googled it. Omigosh, YES I DO! Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

I'm not sure of the benefit of using an Instant Pot for a scrambled eggs or for a cheese cake for that matter. 

I found a really good recipe for creamy scambled eggs that uses about a half a teaspoon of corn starch added to about a tablespoon of milk in a slurry that is then added to the eggs and beaten together.