Respected Contributor

Re: Scrambled Eggs in an Instant-Pot?

@RinaRina  I saw the following recipe for scrambled eggs on an Internet cookbook site. I don't know about using all of the ingredients but the procedure to prepare may be something you can give a try.

Instant Pot Scrambled Eggs

Ingredients

4 fresh eggs
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp cheddar cheese
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground all spice
Pinch of salt
Instructions

Pour the butter in the Instant Pot and select “Saute”.

In a bowl, add eggs and beat until light. Add in cinnamon and allspice and mix well.

Transfer the mixture to instant pot and cook for 2 minutes. Scramble the eggs using a wooden spatula.

Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” and “High Pressure” for about 4-5 minutes.

Select the “Cancel” and carefully do a quick release.

Remove the lid and serve hot.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Buy the nonstick insert available many places including Amazon.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine that.  I use an inexpensive non-stick skillet, eggs that I gently scramble in the pan over moderate to low heat and the eggs don't taste bitter.

I gently "scramble" them with a silicone spatula, pushing them around and lifting them up so all of it runs under and cooks.  they are fabulous, I can control the heat, it takes just a few minutes, rinse out the pan and I'm done.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina---can I be nosey and ask why you don't use your stove? I don't use my big oven anymore as it takes 22 minutes to heat up. I use my Breville counter top oven and use the big oven as storage. but I do use my ovens burners. Seems it would take a long time to prepare a whole meal in pressure cookers. No judging in any way , just curious. 

Respected Contributor

Why would you use a pressure cooker to make scrambled eggs?  Seriously, they have to be the quickest and easiest dish I whip up in my kitchen. 

Super Contributor

RinaRina,

Suggest you check out this recipe for scrambled eggs in your Instant Pot.

https://foodscienceinstitute.com/2017/01/04/scrambled-eggs-in-an-instant-pot/

For about 3 1/2 years I lived in an apartment in a retirement community without a stove. I used and loved a NuWave Portable Induction Cooker which I loved. With that and a Breville Smart Oven there was nothing I couldn't make except a 25 lb. turkey. I highly recommend my NuWave PIC, but QVC has some other brands you might consider. I never missed having a stove.

Trusted Contributor

The other thing I was thinking of would be to get an electric skillet, if she can't/doesn't want to use a stove. That would be a good way to scramble eggs, do stir fry, make grilled cheeses etc. Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina.  Maybe you ought to treat yourself to a hot plate?  There are certain foods just not suited to pressure cooker cooking.  Get a hot plate and a small coated frying pan.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't mean this in any snarky way at all, but in response to the OP and all the other people on the boards who own a million small appliances to do the work of what one oven/range can do; WHY?!?

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon   Some of the small appliances I have purchased are for convenience, extra cooking capacity--such as at Thanksgiving when there aren't enough stovetop burners or room in the oven when cooking for a big crowd--or if the way it cooks something gives better results.  

For example, I've cooked corned beef and pot roast many different ways but, for me, the pressure cooker wins, hands down.  The slow cooker was great for me to use during the work week--set it in the a.m. and come home to an excellent dinner.  Once I got an electronic pressure cooker the slow cooker got less use.

My Oster Xlarge French door convection oven gets used once or twice a day.  Replaces needing a toaster or heating up the regular oven in the hot weather.  It holds a 9 x 13 casserole dish or a quarter sheet pan, full size cake pans, and has two racks, holds a large 12 inch frozen pizza, etc.

Hope this explanation helps.