Respected Contributor
On 1/15/2014 Sherbear1 said:
On 1/15/2014 meezerpleezer said:

I don't have a food processor but I do have a Kitchen aid mixer. You can buy the attachment for the KA mixer that slices and shreds for a lot less money from stores and online. I have it and it works fine. I am not sure why someone would need this TSV.

meezerpleezer does the attachment slice tomatoes? Is it the set sold on qvc?

sherbear1--I have never used the KA attachment to slice tomatoes. I have used it for cukes and zucchinis, etc.

I looked on the QVC website. They don't offer it as a separate attachment like they do at other stores such as Kohls. It is part of a multi-attachment set, K40538 which also includes the meat grinder attachment and the fruit and vegetable strainer. That is going for almost $100 on QVC. You can do a lot better than that, I would think, if you decide to buy some of the KA attachments.

Respected Contributor

Sherbear1--I just went to Kohl's website. They have the slicer/shredder attachment for the KA mixer for $59.99 (not on sale). There is also a video of how it works. They don't show tomatoes being sliced but they do show potatoes which is of course, a not so delicate veggie. There are always sales off coupons and free shipping offered on a regular basis if you decide to investigate and buy one.

Super Contributor

Sherbear1--I just went to Kohl's website. They have the slicer/shredder attachment for the KA mixer for $59.99 (not on sale). There is also a video of how it works. They don't show tomatoes being sliced but they do show potatoes which is of course, a not so delicate veggie. There are always sales off coupons and free shipping offered on a regular basis if you decide to investigate and buy one.

Thank you so much for the information. I am trying to decide on yesterdays tsv. I have it on waitlist but still unsure. I have the last tsv mixer the 6 qt lift with the glass bowl.

Trusted Contributor

I don't have a food processor but I do have a Kitchen aid mixer. You can buy the attachment for the KA mixer that slices and shreds for a lot less money from stores and online. I have it and it works fine. I am not sure why someone would need this TSV.

Chopping, dicing, mincing. Cuisinart makes excellent food processors btw.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Occasional Contributor

I just purchased the KA food processor when it was a TSV. I read its reviews online, and they were mixed. The Cuisinart 9 cup received great reviews but only comes in silver. I also purchased the cuisinart at another online store, and the current sale price made it comparable to QVC's KA TSV. The KA is better looking, imo, even in the black (I'm going to leave mine out on the counter), and has the french fry/thick cut blade included (the cuisinart doesn't include this blade, but it's available, as a separate purchase, as part of a trio of blades. They are expensive though. Maybe you can find it somewhere sold alone rather than with other blades) I'm going to let my Mom choose the food processor she likes and keep the other!

Occasional Contributor

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Cuisinart 9 cup Prep Plus food processor (model DLC-2009CHB) is 600 watts.