Valued Contributor

I need some help

I bought the bags and have had pretty good success with most of the veggies and fruits, but kale, lettuce and mushrooms just don't last as long in the bags. The kale and lettuce both turn yellow within a few days and the mushrooms shrivel up. I make sure everything is dry before I bag it up and I don't close too tightly. Any suggestions?

Super Contributor

I cut my kale and lettuce up and use her green boxes. Also use the boxes for mushrooms. Thelettuce and kale keep quite well and mushrooms really need to be used within a week.

Valued Contributor

Do you wash the kale and lettuce first?
Things keep better if you don't wash them.
I've been using the green bags for years for lettuce, and
have been very happy with them. I use them for other things, but mostly lettuce.

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

My mother bought me a set and I have to say I am very happy with them. I have had some romaine lettuce for almost two weeks now and my cucumbers stay crisp. Haven't tried anything else yet but I am impressed so far.

Regular Contributor

I use them because we live in a rural area and it's a long way to go shopping. I don't wash the produce and I think it lasts longer that way. I know the green bags cost money but I feel that I save so much in the long run and I don't have to constantly shop for fresh produce. I've never tried the containers, just the bags.

Contributor
I agree with Cas, it's most important not to wash the produce first, wash it a serving at a time as you use it. I find putting a paper towel in the bag under the produce also helps to absorb the natural moisture. I've been using green bags & boxes since Debbie Meyer debuted the bags on QVC many years ago and I swear by them! Her bags for baked goods (white bags) also do a fabulous job. Good luck with them!
Trusted Contributor

Got a set as a gift and really hate them, didn't notice my food lasted any longer and they were difficult to wash. Threw them out. I like her green boxes better but also can't say I have noticed a big change in my food lasting longer.

Trusted Contributor

I have not had luck with either the bags or boxes. My fruit/veggies/bread mold faster if I use them. The boxes get lots of condensation in them which hastens the mold or liquify lettuces. I have used suggestions of putting in a paper towel but that does not work. And I certainly don't want to be wiping the boxes every day.

I've always wanted to call in when she is on and ask why all of her boxes, she supposedly pulls from the fridge after 8 days - 2 weeks, are completely dry inside. How is that possible. I can't keep them dry.

Regular Contributor

This is one of the worst products I ever got. Did not work for me at all!!!!! I would not recommend the bags.

Arley

Valued Contributor

I have the bags and boxes and I prefer the boxes. I first found out about this product from a salesperson at Whole Foods--where I purchased my first set of bags. I don't love the bags. For some reason veggies and fruits don't stay fresher any longer for me with this. I do really like the boxes, though.