Honored Contributor

They work well for blackberries and raspberries.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I LOVE the green boxes and bags and have both of them that I use for all my produce. But I find that if you put in a piece or two of paper towels in them, that seems to soak up the moisture from the veggis and fruit. I freeze my cut kale, spinach and the like as I buy in bulk and use them in my morning smoothies. Lettuce lasts a very long time for me. If you take it off leaf by leaf and not chopped it first, the outside edges turn brown but you can trim that away. Mushrooms do very well for me in the green bags/boxes. But you have to use them up or they all start tasting off. Fresh produce needs to be used within a few days of purchase. Who knows how long they sit in the grocery stores before you buy them?????

Valued Contributor

Thanks for all of the responses. I notice moisture in the bags so I'll try the paper towel trick. I haven't tried the boxes - I think I saw some at BB&B the other day. Yellow kale and lettuce does not look healthy and so I worry about using it. I don't wash any of the produce before I bag it up, just leave it on the counter for a few hours until the moisture evaporates.

Respected Contributor

No luck here either. I have both the bags and boxes and they don't work and I don't wash the fruit or vegs either. I had better luck with bags that I purchased from QVC that worked fine.

Contributor

Mushrooms don't like to be in plastic. I put them in a paper bag.

Respected Contributor

I use paper towels in them also. I don't think mushrooms like anything. I try to never buy those ahead of time and I cook them right away if I have to.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*