Trusted Contributor

Re: Davids "sold out" Calendar

You all need to come over to the Dark Side Facebook.

🤣

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm odd man out here ... why the skepticism?  Isn't it possible that David was telling the truth about the calendar? What reason would he have to lie about it?

I got a chance to watch a D&Co show for the first time in a long while and I really enjoyed Carolyn and Gary together.  I think the whole squirrel thing is kind of cute.

Personally, I'm not in the market for a calendar signed by David, or a David doll, or an "In the Kitchen with David" mug, but if it makes some people happy, why not?  I won't be buying a squirrel book book either, but if it makes people smile then I think it's a good thing.

Now, what really puzzles me is why anyone would want "Petfetti" dinnerware (um, yuck)  ... but again, if it brings joy to some, then that's what matters.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

What is next? Learn to do the happy dance DVD?
Respected Contributor

I know I said this in another thread, but it needs repeating.  Why don't people donate the $15 this calendar costs to a veteran organization or another worthwhile cause that really needs donations.  QVC & David's pockets are already lined with gold.

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker   Perhaps those buying the calendar already donate to veteran's or other worthwhile causes?   They can still buy a calendar if they like. 

However, if David had a favorite charity or a charity that is national (like Feed the Children, etc), then it would be nice if he sold the calendar for $5, and gave $10 from every purchase to that charity.

How much does it cost to print a calendar...probably only a couple of dollars.  And a charity would get $500K - and QVC could get some nice publicity around the holiday season, plus the best part is that a charity could certainly use a half million. 

And, for the customers, each calendar should have a code for free shipping for a month or a code for one item shipped free each month.  People would certainly buy it, even if they didn't use it. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr 

I'm not on FB so I found that info so funny...or not!   Unsure!   LOL

Totally off topic...just wondering if you or anyone else might have seen....

yesterday David mentioned he found a sugar substitute that comes in granular, brown, 10X etc.  Of course he couldn't/didn't give the brand.

Would anyone know?

I must reduce my refined sugars for medical reasons and haven't found a sub that isn't odd tasting....or changed the baking texture.

I am not on FB, so I can't ask him....or if he would even be allowed to say.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife   Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener maybe?

It comes in brown, classic and powdered.

Honored Contributor

I can't even imagine someone buying 30 of this ridiculous thing...

Honored Contributor

thank you SO much @yellowrose 

I'm gonna look it up.

You wouldn't believe the crazy things that came up when I was trying to Google!

Thanks again.....

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

I know I said this in another thread, but it needs repeating.  Why don't people donate the $15 this calendar costs to a veteran organization or another worthwhile cause that really needs donations.  QVC & David's pockets are already lined with gold.

@coffee drinker    Apparently not, if the company is selling off Studio Park.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment