Esteemed Contributor

Anyone have a tasty recipe?

I just may use sliced mushrooms, put them in a glass baking dish, and top with sweet poultry sausage, onion,  celery & Panko w/ seasonings.

Instead of stuffing every single one, and they don't stand up in the dish, anyway. And the bigger shrooms are too big.

Valued Contributor

@Harpa Your dish sounds wonderful.  

I don't have a recipe, but if i see stuffed mushrooms with crab imperial on the menu, I get it every time.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Stuffed Mushrooms Ideas

[ Edited ]

I don't have a recipe, but last week I had some baby portabella that I needed to use so I stuffed with shredded chicken that I coated with some marinara, then topped with mozzarella and Italian seasoned panko and baked in my Oster oven. Kind of like a chicken Parmigiana stuffed mushroom. It was really good. 

If you want something similar without the chicken, here is a recipe I found.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1022803-sheet-pan-mushroom-parmigiana

Honored Contributor

@Harpa  I have a few easy ways to make them, although I do stuff them. I use baby bella mushrooms. 

I use pimento cheese and stuff them, top with fresh cooked bacon bits and pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. I might throw some chopped green onions on top after they are done to add a little crunch.

I also stuff them with alouette garlic and herb soft spreadable cheese, top with a little shredded mozzarella cheese and a little sharp cheddar cheese. Cook in 350 oven for 12-15 minutes. 

😋 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa While restaurants tend to have fancy stuffings such as crabmeat etc...it's my dad's "Billy B's shrooms", I always make and simple as they are, always seem to be crowd pleasers. He never wrote the recipe, and I always do them from memory too, so I'll try to get it right for you here:

Ingredients:

White button mushrooms

Minced garlic in jar (McCormick, can be any I guess but that's an important taste factor and the brand we've always used. Also, real garlic doesn't deliver as tasty...the dried minced adds a crunch and toasty flavor.)

Onions diced tiny

Progresso Italian seasoned bread crumbs

Butter melted

Parm cheese

Pepper to taste

Clean mushrooms by wiping off, not rinsing

Melt butter in a pot or microwave

Mix dry ingredients, (eyeball according to how many mushrooms you don't need precise measuring with this, if you start to run out can always be added to) .. in a bowl..breadcrumbs, tiny chopped onions, minced garlic, parmesan cheese, pepper....add butter until, as dad used to say, it kind of looks like wet sand.

Stuff mushrooms

I put oven on 275, usually takes about 20-25 minutes and they'll start to look moist and you'll start to smell them cooking. Keep an eye on them. At the end, put on the broiler and stand there so you don't burn...until they get toasty on the top.

Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa  My neighbor made his stuffed mushrooms kind of like yours. He used sage pork sausage, Progresso Italian bread crumbs, minced garlic and minced mushroom stems and sauteed the stems, sausage and garlic until the sausage was cooked. Then he stuffed the mushrooms and topped with just a tiny bit of butter. I think he used a sheet pan to bake them because he made a lot. They were delicious. Haven't had them in years. I don't think he followed any particular recipe.

Honored Contributor

Whenever I have leftover bread stuffing, I use it to stuff mushrooms. Then I top with grated parm. and bake.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Whenever I have leftover bread stuffing, I use it to stuff mushrooms. Then I top with grated parm. and bake.

@QVCkitty1 

That's easy and is a great use of that leftover stuffing, will be trying this!

Respected Contributor

I have a great recipe:

1 - 1 and 1/2 lbs mushrooms cleaned and stems removed - chop stems

1 box frozen spinach drained very dry (I steam in colander in microwave)

grated cheese - about a quarter cup

bread crumbs about a quarter cup

salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste - couple of shakes each

Mix all together and fill mushroom caps

Melt 1 stick of butter in bottom of 9x13 pan

Lay caps in pan

Bake uncovered 350 45 minutes to an hour.  They should be browned.  If you use glass baking dish turn heat down to 325 if it seems like butter is bubbling and cooking too fast.

Super Contributor

It's not technically a recipe, we always stuff them with a basic italian stuffing consisting of:

• italian flavored bread crumbs
  • olive oil
  • parmesan cheese
  • just before they're done, top with shredded mozzerella & let it melt