Frequent Contributor

Not to be picky, but to some of the hosts. PLEASE use the correct pronunciation.  Le Creuset is correctly pronounced as "leh, not lah" Creuset.    This was not meant to insult anyone.  

Honored Contributor

Re: It’s LE not LA Creuset!

[ Edited ]

Actually, it's not "leh" either.

For lack of a better example, the vowel sound is similar to "foot."

Esteemed Contributor

" luh-CROO-zay "

Turns out it's "luh-CROO-zay" with the emphasis on the middle syllable that's pronounced similarly to the "oo" sound in "cruise. "
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CindyDale wrote:

Not to be picky, but to some of the hosts. PLEASE use the correct pronunciation.  Le Creuset is correctly pronounced as "leh, not lah" Creuset.    This was not meant to insult anyone.  

No, that is incorrect. In French LE has a LUH sound or as the above poster se d 

the sound in FOot. 4 years of Itallian, 2 of French.

In Italian, LE is pronounced d as LAY.

Honored Contributor

Even though they are not correctly pronouncing that word, I know what they are saying.  NBD.

Respected Contributor

At least the word is French and not English. What some of them do to the English language is amazing. 

Regular Contributor

I think the point is that the show hosts need to do their homework and make sure they pronounce words, especially brand names, correctly.  I don't think some of them do their show prep anymore.

Trusted Contributor

Taking the time to learn how to pronounce a vendor's name is respect, especially if the buyer is paying a couple of hundred hard earned dollars for it!   

I spent years taking  Latin and French.   Le is not La or Luh.

Frequent Contributor

You are correct.  There are soooo many tv broadcasters from many different networks that "kill" the English language.  By the way, David uses the correct pronunciation of LE Creuset.  I've had 4+ years of French.  There is a difference between LE & LA.  Masculine vs feminine.

Trusted Contributor

@CindyDale wrote:

You are correct.  There are soooo many tv broadcasters from many different networks that "kill" the English language.  By the way, David uses the correct pronunciation of LE Creuset.  I've had 4+ years of French.  There is a difference between LE & LA.  Masculine vs feminine.

At least they don't say Les !!!!!!  (pronounced "lay" and meaning more than one / plural)