Trusted Contributor

My UPS man gets 8 weeks off a year after 35 plus years on the job.  

Wonder if he gets any flak for being gone?

David has been with QVC for decades, so I'm sure he has built up the benefits quite nicely.

Respected Contributor

@AlsaceGal wrote:

I stopped watching kitchen shows on the Q when Bob Bowersox left. He was amazing, he could cook and it wasn't all fat quick foods, he also didn't do a silly dance.

Bob was a chef.

Bob owned a crepe restaurant years ago. He was an accomplished chef. I miss him too. Also miss Bob Warden from Cooks Essentials.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my !!   Jimmy Kimmel takes the whole summer off.  

The nerve of David Venable to use his vacation time when people plan their lives around him.

TV personality or not folks that invested in my life, my wherabouts, my health would scare me. That is a tad stalkery

Respected Contributor

@Reever 

I agree with you!!

There is NO WAY they should allow David V to take ANY vacation. 

In fact,there is NO REASON why he can't just live in the QVC studio...never go home, never take vacation...just be THERE.

And he COULD !!

Let's review:

There are beds,sheets, pillowss, toppers, mattresses ( takes care of the bedroom)...towels, soaps, lotions, potions,electric toofbrushes and shavers,shower heads, bath mats and shower curtains... for the bathroom..

For the living room?

4K Teevees, laptops, computers, foot stools, throws, pillows, Valerie objects for every surface for every season...

WHy, he could sit there on his off hours and opine on SocIal Media as to how mean QVC is for letting Carolyn and Dan go. QVC won't care...he's thier top salesman, and now that he lives there, they cut his pay a little!!!!

Ahhhh...the KITCHEN!!!

Gourmet food, Le Creuset pots, Zarkarian slicers, Lock N Lock, silicome mats, Mark Charles snips ( red will sell out first!!!), Keurigs, Nespressos, Tea in little cones, Cheryl's cookies....he'd NEVER have to shop!!!

Then...a little trip to his fake front yard...for a smoker, a grill, a hose made of stainless steel to water the thousand flowers that will grow anywhere, and even those two lonely tomato plants in the planters.

He can wash his shiny black Suburban with that firehose nozzle, cut limbs off the fake trees with the Joe tool, and even sit in an antigravity chair!!! He can jump on the studio Total Gym for exercise!!!

And if the Suburban doesn't start, he can use his Halo Bolt to jump it. And the solar lights will never go dim cause those bright studio lights keep them charged.

Yep.

There is NO REASON why David should take vacation.

He can live perfectly well in the QVC world until the lights go out.

Why, they even put in new sets every year or so...more than he can ever hope to do at home with your basic kitchen remodel every five years or so!!!

Reever what a great idea...24/7 David...no vacation EVER...why didn't Q think of that?!?!?

Trusted Contributor

@Reever 

The most I ever bought on the Q was when Bob did his cooking shows.

Trusted Contributor

@Othereeeen 

😃😂😃😄😉

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen    You forgot the Lazy Boy, probably the most important perk of all. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Othereeeen   The best response I ever read on the forum.  PERIOD.

Esteemed Contributor

@MezzieStarr   I was just a legal secretary in a small town. I had worked in one office for 18 years.  I got pneumonia and out for a week. I never, ever took a week at a time.

We had one client who nearly popped a blood vessel because he couldn't talk to me never mind I had co-workers, and his attorney, to answer his questions.

On day 4 one of my co-workers called me and said this bird actually asked if there was a phone number where he could reach me.

I did real estate closing so he was not on death row waiting for the governor to call.

It creeped me out.

Regular Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Was looking forward to In The Kitchen and Mary is on subbing for David.  Will have to endure another host giggling and babbling. Not a good Sunday. Many of us plan our viewing schedules around  QVC.

What will you do when David retires?