Honored Contributor

I hope I never have to plan my life around watching QVC.  How sad.

Valued Contributor

I don't understand the fascination with certain hosts that people plan their watching around when they'll be hosting. That's a little strange to me. Whenever I turn on QVC, I never know who's hosting. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie I agree.  But fear something like that is in my future.   So I can't fault people for it.  But yes, it is sad. 

Honored Contributor

@Florida shopper55 wrote:

I got it. Understand vacation time. But, 2 Sundays in a row. Come on. Also, stop callling it In The Kitchen with David, if he is not there. From a business standpoint, I am sure they donot like the drop in sales when he is off

@Florida shopper55   They still loudly proclaim "Quacker Factory by Jeanne Bice" and she's been dead for 10 years so I find that highly unlikely.  ITKWD when he's not there isn't much of a stretch.  At least he'll be back. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

The OP has stated many times that she has watched QVC for most of the day, for over thirty years. She chooses to "endure" it. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

If I were David I'd be worried.

@Sooner    If it weren't for the prepared food, I bet kitchen show sales would've tanked by now.  Most everyone is bored to death with the vendors, who seem to have nothing new anyway. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

They have been giving him so many more shifts lately besides ITKWD shows.   He earned the time off.   Mary is a good substitute.

Trusted Contributor

Re: David Venable off again

[ Edited ]

Maybe I'm unique, I prefer Mary over David any day. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

im hurt that you think that way. Has it occurred to you that some are home bound? I was simply starting I enjoy ITKWD not ITKWM. Many foodies are disappointed that this is the 2nd week without the regular host. 

Valued Contributor

I stopped watching kitchen shows on the Q when Bob Bowersox left. He was amazing, he could cook and it wasn't all fat quick foods, he also didn't do a silly dance.

Bob was a chef.