Valued Contributor

Re: "As Is" Glitter Rings by Valerie

I didn't get the "as is", Lucymo.  I think the three will be enough.  Smiley Happy

Rosehill, I'm not sure exactly how I'll use them.  I have quite a few candles with timers that I love during the darker winter months.  I'll use the glitter rings as candle rings and then add greenery and frosted cranberries and small ornaments.  

After Christmas, I leave out the frosted wintery things when I put away the Christmas things.  I have frosted pinecones and white lights and some items that don't scream "Christmas" to me but still allow me to savor the beauty of winter.  

The base is not  obtrusive to me at all.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Nevadablue, thank you for telling us what they look like. 

Littleearl, please come back and let us know if the rings work with Lisa's beautiful white frosted trees from last year. That would be beautiful, if they are the right size to go around the base.

Respected Contributor

@Oostende wrote:

I bought these and the base is not brown.  It is a metallic silver.  

I missed the presentation.  Were they really brown when presented?  Or is that just something that someone mistakenly posted?

I bought them to match up with the large white picks that Lisa presented last year.  They're marvelous.  Smiley Happy

Ditto for me too on the metallic silver.  Love these so much, I ordered a second set!  

Valued Contributor

Oostende, thank you. Your winter decor after the holidays are over sounds divine. Thanks again for telling us what the base looks like on the rings. I have a couple of sets ordered.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Nevadablue wrote:
I already received them from CIJ and the grapevine IS SILVER, they are really pretty I'm not sure how I will use them yet but am real pleased with my purchase.

Thanks for your post and I'm glad that you are happy with your purchase.  Sometimes, it's hard to  know what an item really looks like when you shop online.  I really think Valerie should have explained about the base as she could see how they looked in the monitor.  I'd still prefer white over silver but that's me.  :-)

Yes, the grapevine should have been white, it's a no brainer.

Frequent Contributor

Okay, here is my update on the Glitter Rings by Valerie.  Right out of the package very, very messy!

I took out my beautiful trees that I bought last year in white from Lisa's show (H203513).  I tried using the middle sized tree, and then I tried the smallest tree from the set.  Small size was okay but would take work to get the tree to sit straight with this glitter ring.   Next I tried them with the glitter sequin trees (H200717)  Not a good fit either on these trees. I can not use these in my displays.  I am sure if you wanted candle rings these would work well.  I don't want the mess!

Valued Contributor

Littlearl, thank you for the good review and your opinion on these rings. I cancelled my order, as I though I wanted to use them with Lisa's glittered white unlit trees from last year. I appreciate your time.