Honored Contributor

Re: "As Is" Glitter Rings by Valerie

@rosehill wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a video available for these rings? The base says its made from grapevine and looks like it is brown. 

Oostenede, how do you plan to use the rings? The only thing I can think of is to use them on Valeries square pedestals with candles.

rosehill, the grapevine is brown and shows through, which is why I didn't buy these.

Honored Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a video available for these rings? The base says its made from grapevine and looks like it is brown. 

Hi Rose, the original item # is H206046 but I don't see a video.

Valued Contributor

That is so weird, Mousiegirl, and Lucy. The product photo shows a brown base, but the poster who just commented on these said the base is silver. I can't find a video on them- were they ever shown? I wish that the Q would stop doing this.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

Oostenede, how do you plan to use the rings? The only thing I can think of is to use them on Valeries square pedestals with candles.

rosehill, the grapevine is brown and shows through, which is why I didn't buy these.

Oostenede says the base is metallic silver, mousiegirl, but it sure looks brown.  But she has them and can see the color.  It still looks too dark for my taste, but that's just me.

Valued Contributor

I am wondering if these were not officially presented, and maybe they were shown along with something else. Does anyone remember seeing them? 

Honored Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

I am wondering if these were not officially presented, and maybe they were shown along with something else. Does anyone remember seeing them? 

Yes, rosehill, I saw them presented and they were as I described.

Frequent Contributor

I already received them from CIJ and the grapevine IS SILVER, they are really pretty I'm not sure how I will use them yet but am real pleased with my purchase.
Honored Contributor

Whatever the color of the grapevine, it shows darker than the white.

As Is Set of 3 Shimmering Glitter Rings by Valerie

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased 2 set's of these Glitter Rings and just checked them and found that the grapevine ring is sprayed silver so no brown on either of these sets.  

My biggest "wonder" is how would Lisa have planned to use them?  In Valerie's show I saw them just used on a large tree as decorations, but found that to be a bit odd/unusual.  My plan was to use them as a base for the beautiful white glitter trees from Lisa's offerings last year.  Not sure if this is going to work, but will pull out the trees later on today to see if they will sit properly on these rings.  I would be interested in how other people plan to use them.

I will try them with the silver swirl finials that are due to arrive later today, perhaps these will work out after all otherwise I will return both sets if I can't find a good working idea for them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nevadablue wrote:
I already received them from CIJ and the grapevine IS SILVER, they are really pretty I'm not sure how I will use them yet but am real pleased with my purchase.

Thanks for your post and I'm glad that you are happy with your purchase.  Sometimes, it's hard to  know what an item really looks like when you shop online.  I really think Valerie should have explained about the base as she could see how they looked in the monitor.  I'd still prefer white over silver but that's me.  :-)