Respected Contributor

Do you use much burlap in your decorating?  I have a roll of ribbon with the french script on it but haven't used it.  I keep reading how burlap especially with lace, is hot now.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't use burlap even though I do like the look of it.  It just doesn't work with my decor.  I see a lot of it out in the market place and it does seem to be very popular.

Did you buy the roll that you have for a specific purpose or just because it looks pretty?  lol   If you decorate for fall, that will be wonderful for your wreaths and garlands, bows on your lanterns, lamp post and on and on.  Have fun with it.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I use burlap when I decorate, but I personally wouldn't use it with lace since it just wouldn't look right. I'm sure it would look nice in other homes though Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The only burlap I have is a ribbon in a small fall wreath in my kitchen

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I would never. How would you keep either burlap or lace dust-free? You can't dust it to remove the dust, vacumming fabric is always tricky and often disasterous, and washing burlap and lace isn't much fun, either. I have severe dust allergies and see no easy way to keep dust off burlap or lace.

Honored Contributor

Re: burlap in decor?

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I would never. How would you keep either burlap or lace dust-free? You can't dust it to remove the dust, vacumming fabric is always tricky and often disasterous, and washing burlap and lace isn't much fun, either. I have severe dust allergies and see no easy way to keep dust off burlap or lace.

@ChynnaBlue  I used it last year and still use it. I don't see a problem with dusting anymore than anything else. Below is a pic of when I used it for wrapping plant pots in. I also have a VPH wreath that has big burlap leaves too...

P1330097.JPG

Respected Contributor

I think that light tan fabric with black french cursive is so nice that I bought 2 ottomans and a lampshade in it.  When I saw that roll of ribbon at JoAnns I knew I had to have it.  So far it hasn't moved off my craft table.

Respected Contributor

I've seen it incorporated in many weddings lately.

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise I like that look with the plant wrapped in burlap.  I think I will try that with some of mine when they have to come back into the house for the winter.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Susan Louise I like that look with the plant wrapped in burlap.  I think I will try that with some of mine when they have to come back into the house for the winter.

@GinaV24  Just so you know, the potted plant on the right is lined with the burlap...and the pot on the left is wrapped on the outside with burlap and tied up with twine and bowed. Even using some ribbons would look nice... HTH Smiley Happy