Valued Contributor

I was just thinking about these dishes the other day and wondering when they would be in the stores....then I remembered it's only JULY!! All this CIJ and CIA has my mental calendar all messed up. Does anyone remember what month they start arriving in the stores? I usually have to stalk our store to be able to get any. Last Nov. I had knee replacement surgery and was in a lot of pain prior, so I wasn't able to run in every day like I would normally to try to get them. I wasn't that thrilled with the owl that they offered last year (thought he was kinda scary) so I didn't miss out by not getting them, IMO. Can't wait to see what they come out with this year. My faves are the deer/cardinal and the bunny/pine tree.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Susan Louise, What beautiful dishes you have!  I just love dishes (and too many other things as well).  I have a basic set of the Spode Christmas pattern, which I try to start using after Thanksgiving.  But I love these beauties.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Tablescapes...

[ Edited ]

@mil3 wrote:

I've been lucky enough that our Walmart has had all the sets, except the one with the flower on it.  I hadn't seen that one.  They've also had the platters, canisters, S&P shakers.  I got the deer S&P shakers and I use them in one of my cloches. 

Last year the dinner plate was a little different than the year before.  I have 4 each of the original dinner plates and 4 of last year's version.  Then I have four each of the printed salad plates. 

I wonder too what they will have out this year, carry on with this or come out with something new.

@mil3  What made last year's dinner plate so wonderful is that it incorporated design aspects of various designs onto one plate...holly, pine and mistletoe. So for example, those who got the poinsettia plates, that set will coordinate just as well as those who have pieces that have mistletoe and or pine.

I love all of our serving bowls, but one especially because it includes 3 designs. and a lovely big pinecone.

I wonder if BH&G might actually start with a whole new/different pattern and actually not make anymore coordinating pieces (*bites my tongue*...lol because I can't think of anything they will/could add...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@Susan Louise

Did you have to go there?!!!

I have been thinking for weeks about what they might come out with in this line for the upcoming season. And was trying to ignore myself!!

I have everything to this set as well, and every year, I could kick myself when I check ebay, because I stand in the store, and think how much money I could make if I just bought the whole shelf and resold them. But I want others to get excited about the find like I am, and only take a couple of each new one each year, to complete my collection for my own use. Most stores only get in one very small shipment, and they are sometimes gone in just hours. 

I'm planning on only buying the any new animal salad plate they might add, but I can't imagine what they have left to add to the mix. 

@Mominohio I know...same here about just adding salad plates!!! I mentioned in another post that they just might start a new series/collection...hope not though. Can't wait to find out!

I also love these sets from Pottery Barn...the Carson Plaid dinner plates and the 'deer in snow' salad plates. I was lucky enough to get a set of each. I've noticed that it has become quite difficult to get any of the BH&G or these PB pieces/sets now...

wwwwwdownload.jpg 

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Oh Susan Louise, What beautiful dishes you have!  I just love dishes (and too many other things as well).  I have a basic set of the Spode Christmas pattern, which I try to start using after Thanksgiving.  But I love these beauties.  

@PamfromCT  I lived in Branford, CT for 40 yrs before moving to NE when I got married Smiley Happy

And while it's on my mind, I remember you mentioning in another thread 1-2 weeks ago about wanting to know stores/sites online to buy certain types of decor. I think you will find Sturbridge Yankee Workshop online really good. I have already ordered from them a couple of times.

When I was young, I remember we used to take family and school field trips up to Sturbridge Village...ahhhhh...memories!

Spode's Christmas tree set is lovely!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Susan Louise

I have been thinking for weeks about what they might come out with in this line for the upcoming season. And was trying to ignore myself!!

I have everything to this set as well, and every year, I could kick myself when I check ebay, because I stand in the store, and think how much money I could make if I just bought the whole shelf and resold them. But I want others to get excited about the find like I am, and only take a couple of each new one each year, to complete my collection for my own use. Most stores only get in one very small shipment, and they are sometimes gone in just hours. 

I'm planning on only buying the any new animal salad plate they might add, but I can't imagine what they have left to add to the mix. 

@Mominohio I know...same here about just adding salad plates!!! I mentioned in another post that they just might start a new series/collection...hope not though. Can't wait to find out!

I also love these sets from Pottery Barn...the Carson Plaid dinner plates and the 'deer in snow' salad plates. I was lucky enough to get a set of each. I've noticed that it has become quite difficult to get any of the BH&G or these PB pieces/sets now...

wwwwwdownload.jpg 

I have the platter with the deer, in fact, I had forgotten that I had one, so ordered another, and only after I found the first did I realize what I had done, lol.  The platter is huge and I love the deer, of course. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Susan Louise

wwwwwdownload.jpg 

I have the platter with the deer, in fact, I had forgotten that I had one, so ordered another, and only after I found the first did I realize what I had done, lol.  The platter is huge and I love the deer, of course. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Do you still have both, or did you return one? The deer design on the set is wonderful and can be mixed and matched with so many other plate designs. I was late to the party getting the deer salad plates last year since they came out in 2012...lol I didn't get a platter. There is a couple on EBay right now...one of them is asking $75! Hopefully you kept both of yours since the value of them is rising. I don't know how much they cost initially though...

I would never had known about many things I have purchased for our home without this forum and all the great folks here. The closest Pottery Barn is nearly 70 miles away...same with Kirklands.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Susan Louise

wwwwwdownload.jpg 

@mousiegirl  Do you still have both, or did you return one? The deer design on the set is wonderful and can be mixed and matched with so many other plate designs. I was late to the party getting the deer salad plates last year since they came out in 2012...lol I didn't get a platter. There is a couple on EBay right now...one of them is asking $75! Hopefully you kept both of yours since the value of them is rising. I don't know how much they cost initially though...

I would never had known about many things I have purchased for our home without this forum and all the great folks here. The closest Pottery Barn is nearly 70 miles away...same with Kirklands.

Susan Louise, it was too late to return one, so I still have both.  Eventually, I can unload my duplicates, etc. on DD, lol, but actually, during the Holidays, two platters are okay. Smiley Happy

I have a Pottery Barn close by, but do most of my shopping at Pottery Barn online, though last year I needed a kitchen table and chairs for my newly remodeled and extended kitchen so researched them online at Pottery Barn, then went to the store to see in person, and bought them then and there.

I agree re learning about some products and where to buy them here. Smiley Happy  I didn't even know until Fall of 2013 that there was a Home Goods nearby which had been there for five years!  I went nuts then and bought a lot of mercury glass items, lanterns, flameless candles, and Christmas decor, but no Christmas items last year.  I didn't really go looking, but when I was at the store before Christmas, I saw nothing, so feel I hit the jackpot in 2013.

That year I also bought, in varying sizes, mercury glass pillar candle holders, so am really set as far as those type of items, heck, I am set in all categories, LOL, but can't get enough of Valerie's garlands, etc.

Honored Contributor

Has anyone been eyeing any particular patterned sets recently...or any on a wishlist? Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you so much for the tip on country goods, Susan Louise.  I will certainly check them out.  I am enjoying the pictures of all the beautiful china.  Thank you for the sweet compliment on my Christmas dishes.  Helps to make Christmas special, doesn't it?