Honored Contributor

Solving the Tide Pods problem of kids and elders eating them

Get rid of the bright colors.  Wouldn't you still use this product if the liquid were white, clear, or grey? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Solving the Tide Pods problem of kids and elders eating them

Yes. We use dye free , fragrance free due to DH allergies so they’re already clear.

Esteemed Contributor

. . . Wouldn't you still use this product if the liquid were white, clear, or grey? 

Yes, I would. But I'm not sure that would solve the problem of people putting cleaning chemicals in bite-sized packages into their mouths.

I realize this is a serious issue, but I admit I really can't grasp WHY people are even tempted to put those things into their mouth, no matter what color they are.

Esteemed Contributor

Not to change the subject, but why do they make adult vitamins look like candy? 

In answer to your question, I use clear, fragrance free laundry detergent.

Honored Contributor

@depglass

The bright colors really seem unnecessary...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lol. How about locking them up of pur thrm where kids cant get thrm like every other armful thing you have in your house.

Honored Contributor

I like the convenience of laundry pods, and the way they are packaged, but while the bag packaging works for me, it resembles the same type of packaging now being used for snacks.   I don’t think that is particularly wise in households with small children or homes where someone has dementia.

The only pod detergent I’ve seen so far with more secure packaging is ALL that comes in a plastic tub with a twist on/off lid.

I’m sure somewhere there were children, and adults with dementia who ate powdered detergent, or drank liquid detergent too, but it’s more prominent now because of the internet.   Regardless of how a product is packaged, safety around small children and adults with dementia still falls on parents and caregivers.   

Honored Contributor

They could put them in a child proof contained like they do with prescriptions.

Trusted Contributor

How about putting them on a high shelf and telling kids they’re poison.  As far as older kids and adults eating them goes, I’m all for it.  The less stupid people we have around driving cars and voting, the better.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the concept of this product, why can't people just pour the amount they need from a bottle?