Honored Contributor

Re: Share your Fall decorating pics here!

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio  OK well, YAY!  I have to admit that the shade of "satiny red" (she said drooling) was pleasing!  It made me immediately fall back in love with our great room!

Any suggestions for additions will be very much appreciated!  Those GR (ETA because I put the wrong source) artificials are so beautiful, and of much higher quality than the ones that came from fd, which are OK, but fade into nothingness from far away.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio It is a wonderful country red...not fire engine red. Maybe you will get lucky and one will come back in stock or at an 'as is price'...keep checking! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

Black med lantern by sofa.jpegLantern hearth.jpeg

Lantern large by sofa.jpeg

Here are two of the lanterns.  Not quite a vignette, but having fun none-the-less!  Can't wait for fall!

@LTT1...Lookin good LTT, love the red color.  Have fun with your lantern

JPC

@LTT1, looks great.  This is why I wanted a lantern with enough space inside to add something if I want to.  For Christmas I want to add a candle ring or small ornaments.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  well, I understand... I waited as long as I could for a red lantern (5 years)  We kept asking and then adding more "wants!" (ie: the remote in case of higher locations, etc).  

I have "justified" this by telling DH that the decorative lamps in the house are going bye-bye... I'm afraid that eventually we won't be able to get 25 watt or 40 watt bulbs.  So, an enabler of myself I must be!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is how I have the 19" on our kitchen table...

Since I had 2 unused Finley candle rings (they come as a set of 5 from Granden Road) I cut the wire that kept it in a ring form on one of them and wrapped it around the front of the lantern...voila! These candle rings are fabulous! Smiley Very Happy

P1600890.JPG 

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  That is outstanding!  Those GR artificials are so full and lush and real-looking!  What a great idea, too, to cut the wires... I like that look better than mine with the stuff inside... well, at least with the fall artificials I received.

Bought 5 -- and kept thinking I would take them apart somehow... hmmm... now I'm thinking!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  May I admit that I was a bit afraid to tell DH that I had purchased these?  However, I think he knows when I am really feeling guilty vs really feeling the need for a valid purchase (even if it is a little indulgent on my part!)

Valued Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

This is how I have the 19" on our kitchen table...

Since I had 2 unused Finley candle rings (they come as a set of 5 from Granden Road) I cut the wire that kept it in a ring form on one of them and wrapped it around the front of the lantern...voila! These candle rings are fabulous! Smiley Very Happy

P1600890.JPG 

@Susan Louise...What a great idea. This looks awesome!

Valued Contributor

Good looking lantern arrangement, Susan Louise. Love it!

Frequent Contributor

I found this wreath at my local HomeGoods store today & put it around my red lantern image.jpg