Valued Contributor

Re: Share your Fall decorating pics here!

Now I wish I ordered a red lantern, too.  All your photos are looking so pretty!  The red color is really nice.

What scared me from buying, was, last year, I gave away a huge round lantern I bought from IKEA and never used.  It was a flat red color, it looked very dull when I placed it beside a very large cardinal from Kirkland's from the year before.  I still have that cardinal, he will sit once again in a basket watching and guarding during the holiday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vintagenoel wrote:

I found this wreath at my local HomeGoods store today & put it around my red lantern image.jpg

That looks FABULOUS! llls0251.gif

Thank you for sharing your pic! You have inspired me to make an improvement. I will have to see if somehow I can add more to around our lantern...

I'm glad to see others posing their decorating pics Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is how I used the 5th candle ring from the Finley collection from Grandin Road. I wrapped it around the VPH mosaic lamp...

phpiOWBL2AM.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wierd...don't know why my pic above is distorted/stretched Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Wierd...don't know why my pic above is distorted/stretched Smiley Sad

@Susan Louise

I can't offer any reason why that distortion happened, but was wondering if you could take a pic of me and post it like that. Seems like it would take 25 lbs off my frame, and that would be a good thing!!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know why it stretched, either.  One or two of lucy's did that but her other pics didn't.  I pasted in an enlarged view pic from Sturbridge the other day that also did that.  Weird.   Your setup looks nice, though.  

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise

I received my Dennis Basso mercury glass trees yesterday.

They light up beautifully, and will be an elegant addition to any spot I decide to place them.  (I'm still considering.)  In fact, they might be TOO elegant since my style is more toward the rustic.  But their simplicity will allow them to fit in, I have no doubt.

The only slight annoyance I had was that one takes AA batteries and the smaller takes AAA.  Luckily I had enough AAAs stashed away!

By the way, I hope you got to watch the meteor showers.  I regret to say I fell asleep too soon on those nights. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DSCF0673.JPG

This is from last year, my kitty was ready for fall, I haven't pulled out the fall decorating stuff yet, I'm waiting for a couple weeks---

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  Very nice SUSAN---

I have that same squirrel, did you get it at Hobby Lobby?

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise  Your displays are beautiful!!!!  I especially love the wreath, candles, owl just lovely!!!