Honored Contributor

Candle Impressions Mirage sets

I am tempted by two CI Mirage sets, even though they have that fake flame at the top.

I like them because you can actually see the dark wick, and the flame component moves with light instead of moving around.  

H220139  set of five

Candle Impressions S/5 Mirage Gold Slim Pillars With Remote - H220139

H220141  slim wax tapers

Candle Impressions Set of (4) 9" Mirage Gold Tapers - H220141

@Oznell Have you looked at these?  I was wondering what you think.  You've mentioned you're not a fan of the fake flame either.  These seem to be a reasonable compromise even though they have those flames on top.

They are both on sale, but I wish I'd ordered on free shipping day.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Re: Candle Impressions Mirage sets

I love CI and have many of their regular size candles.  The ones you are interested in have only 200 hours glow time and just eat batteries.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @matty liz 

I have what seems like dozens of CI already.

I have specific reasons for my interest in these sets. I have read the reviews and specs.

Honored Contributor

The sizes on these are nice.  Note though the backside won't flicker.  That's the downfall for me with mirage.  They are nice putting in a bookshelf.  Didn't do it for me putting somewhere you could see all sides.

Honored Contributor

This is an informative thread for me, since I hadn't seen these particular sets before.  @GingerPeach, they do look interesting, because of the graduated sizes of one, and the hard-to-get tapers of the other.  

I've not tried "Mirage" before, but the points mentioned by @GCR18 and @matty liz might give me some pause, depending on the application you wanted the candles for.

The combo of the actual wick, and a flame part with light that flickers, would be tempting to try, I agree!

I have regular Candle Impressions in areas where the candles are highly visible during the day, and have Luminara mainly in lanterns or other "sheilding" sorts of vessels, so you don't really see the fake flame when the candle is not on.

Hope you'll let us know what you decide.

Honored Contributor

Whatever happens, it may not be until another free shipping event, @Oznell , a least for the 5.50 set.

While I do appreciate very much having the extra data from everyone, shorter life is always a function when AAs are used instead of Cs or Ds, and having the light in the flame only visible from one side doesn't really make a difference to me.  From what I could see, the top part of the candle still flickers within the wax so they seem to have that in common with the "normal" Candle Impressions styles.

I'll let you know if I decide on one or both, @Oznell 

(I'm still not sold on the moving flame effect overall and only considered these because you could see the wick.)

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering about the 5 hr on/10 hr off timer? Is that a mistake in the description? Anyone know?
"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

I still LOVE my old CI candles! They have thick wax like a REAL candle and 2 C batteries run for many months. My try at the Mirage was a bust...looks fake and I don't like them at all. Returned mine. FYI, I found some original CI candles online for a great price...look there.