Valued Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector...  Glad you like your LATEST pretty designer bag purchase... It does look a bit on the small side, but glad you feel you can make it work, and hoping you enjoy it...  But if not, hey, well you can always buy another one NEXT week...

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb @Boehm Collector LOL Woman LOL Looks like someone else is getting toasted over the high-end bag purchases! 

@EdithEllenLily and @stevieb ... stevieb just loves toasting me over the high-end bag purchases.  I am convinced I will not hear the end of this for a long time,  But hey, I'm strong .. I can take it.  Woman LOLWoman LOL

Hi Boehm Collector. 

Lovely vintage Ferragamo. That's a really great find. I walk past the store occasionally and took a couple of photos to share...

Ferragamo 1 (2).jpg

Ferragamo 2 (crop).jpg

Their windows are always so beautiful.  Lots to lust after...Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

So I just got my red nubuck D&B Chelsea. Heart It was totallly brand new -- every detail wrapped and not a return. It's completely unlike anything else I have. Just so pretty and even fits my laptop, if I wanted. The A-line profile is very flattering and it's comfortable to use as a hand-held tote too.

Thanks for my one-time-only @stevieb! Just in the nick of time too. Now I can get my mind away from the other handbag wishes and jewelry (for a while). Smiley Wink

@Sister Golden Hair The saddlebags are no longer available for waitlist. I wonder if that's a bad sign. But I'm really hoping they come through now.

Here's the chelsea (also still available in chestnut):

A239558 Dooney & Bourke Nubuck Leather Chelsea Shopper

a239558_172.102.jpeg

You made a good choice @Serendipity,,,  So pretty... I think you will appreciate this one even more over time...

Now, make another wise move and think about that saddle bag...  That silhouette won't be hard to find and will be just as appealing by another manufacturer without costing nearly so much...

Hi @Serendipity and @stevieb ... this is a very nice bag.  Hope you enjoy it @Serendipity.  But I have a question.  I thought that Nubuck was almost suede like.  But on the QVC website it looks like pebbled leather.  

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I have to say @EdithEllenLily, I'm very seriously tempted by that bag...  In fact, it's in my cart... They also have some very pretty jewelry. The bag is brown, it appears it might have once been available in other options. It appears color choices for many of their bags, and there are a number of beauties, are limited and that even so, some colors have sold out. 

Woman Surprised

Hi Stevie...had to look at that Sundance bag but read that it's stamped to look woven. Not sure how I feel about that..

Hey there @foo foo shi shi...  I noted that too, but heck, I figure if Dooney can do it with their Clarmont line and change more, why not !!  Still, I didn't opt for the bag. I'll keep it on a back burner, though I do have my eye on a couple of pieces of their jewelry. 

I completely understand.  It is less than Claremont but I am skeptical about anyone's embossed woven. They're pretty bags but I would always wish they were really woven.

Sundance has some very pretty jewelry.  I always like the delicate pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector...  Glad you like your LATEST pretty designer bag purchase... It does look a bit on the small side, but glad you feel you can make it work, and hoping you enjoy it...  But if not, hey, well you can always buy another one NEXT week...

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb @Boehm Collector LOL Woman LOL Looks like someone else is getting toasted over the high-end bag purchases! 

@EdithEllenLily and @stevieb ... stevieb just loves toasting me over the high-end bag purchases.  I am convinced I will not hear the end of this for a long time,  But hey, I'm strong .. I can take it.  Woman LOLWoman LOL

Hi Boehm Collector. 

Lovely vintage Ferragamo. That's a really great find. I walk past the store occasionally and took a couple of photos to share...

Ferragamo 1 (2).jpg

Ferragamo 2 (crop).jpg

Hi @foo foo shi shi ... thanks for the photos.  DH and I are planning to go to NYC next Saturday.. assuming the weather cooperates.  He said that we can stop at the Salvatore Ferragamo store on 5th Avenue.  Woman Very HappyWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

So I just got my red nubuck D&B Chelsea. Heart It was totallly brand new -- every detail wrapped and not a return. It's completely unlike anything else I have. Just so pretty and even fits my laptop, if I wanted. The A-line profile is very flattering and it's comfortable to use as a hand-held tote too.

Thanks for my one-time-only @stevieb! Just in the nick of time too. Now I can get my mind away from the other handbag wishes and jewelry (for a while). Smiley Wink

@Sister Golden Hair The saddlebags are no longer available for waitlist. I wonder if that's a bad sign. But I'm really hoping they come through now.

Here's the chelsea (also still available in chestnut):

A239558 Dooney & Bourke Nubuck Leather Chelsea Shopper

a239558_172.102.jpeg

You made a good choice @Serendipity,,,  So pretty... I think you will appreciate this one even more over time...

Now, make another wise move and think about that saddle bag...  That silhouette won't be hard to find and will be just as appealing by another manufacturer without costing nearly so much...

Hi @Serendipity and @stevieb ... this is a very nice bag.  Hope you enjoy it @Serendipity.  But I have a question.  I thought that Nubuck was almost suede like.  But on the QVC website it looks like pebbled leather.  

The Chelsea is offered in a number of different leathers, including both nubuck and pebble. I haven't gone to the site, but perhaps the picture makes it look more pebbled than it is. Even nubuck can be slightly textured... Perhaps you were looking at the pebbled option.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Hi Boehm Collector. 

Ferragamo 1 (2).jpg

Ferragamo 2 (crop).jpg

Hi @foo foo shi shi .. the vintage Salvatore Ferragamo only cost me $85.00 plus shipping!!  But I can't wait to stop at the store in NYC!  Do you live in Manhattan?

Honored Contributor

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Hi Boehm Collector. 

Ferragamo 1 (2).jpg

Ferragamo 2 (crop).jpg

@foo foo shi shi WOW, those are some SERIOUS handbags!!! Heart Thanks for sharing them with us! Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Hi Boehm Collector. 

Ferragamo 1 (2).jpg

Ferragamo 2 (crop).jpg

Hi @foo foo shi shi .. the vintage Salvatore Ferragamo only cost me $85.00 plus shipping!!  But I can't wait to stop at the store in NYC!  Do you live in Manhattan?

Amazing price for a Ferragamo. I'm sure you'll have a great time at the store. I don't live in Manhattan but I grew up there.

Esteemed Contributor

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Hi Boehm Collector. 

Ferragamo 1 (2).jpg

Ferragamo 2 (crop).jpg

Amazing price for a Ferragamo. I'm sure you'll have a great time at the store. I don't live in Manhattan but I grew up there.

Hi @foo foo shi shi .. I went between Brooklyn and italy until I was 5 years old when we moved to New Jersey.  Have lived in Hudson County ever since.  So I'm not far from Manhattan.

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb @Boehm Collector @Sister Golden Hair @Serendipity @foo foo shi shi @hicindy2 @1Professor @NycVixen @skyblue

Good morning ladies -- Please reply if you receive this message! 

Thanks, EEL

@EdithEllenLily Hi!!!!!!! I was so happy to see your message!!!!!  I missed you all!

I'm also being tormented by the allure of a new bag! How can that be so soon? It's keeping me up at night! I've been wanting a dark green bag for a long time. Now, both orYANY and Aimee K. have bags in this color. Can't decide which one to get plus I need to try to hold out for at least Christmas!!!  

~Live with Intention~