Honored Contributor

Re: Loving Aimee Kestenberg bags!

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

You guys my beloved "Cali" Kestenberg bag isn't built as well as I originally thought!  It's the woven strips of leather going through the chain straps - one by one the leather is breaking.  I looked at the reviews for this bag and the majority are having the same problem.  It seems like everyone loves the bag as much as I do, but are returning it because of the breaking leather straps.  I'm so disappointed!  I could get an exchange but from the look of it the new bag will have these same issues.  Not sure what to do on this one.  I e-mailed customer service thinking maybe they'd cut me a deal on a defective bag, but I was told to either exchange it or return it.  Sigh...

Too bad about the bag.  I guess I'd opt to return it.  They really should offer a price break for you to keep it but I guess that would make too much sense.  Return it and then look for the bag in as-is and pay less for it if you really want it despite the design flaw.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

With a heavy heart I just boxed up my "Cali" and returned it.  Once I get credit for it I'm going to order Aimee's "Madison" satchel - it has the same amount of pockets and compartments that I really loved in the Cali - it's basically the Cali without the chain straps.  A review will come in a couple of weeks!  Smiley Happy    

Honored Contributor

Aimee is definately becoming my new favorite handbag designer.  She had a show on this morning and I fell in love with the LuLu in sangria and the Camilla in her new distressed leather.  I'm still deciding which Camilla I want the black/silver distressed or just the black distressed.  They are both gorgeous.

Trusted Contributor

And ?     stevieb ,  I'm already planning for multiples of Dehlila and I haven't received the first one yet .  Do you know if there has ever been or will be a violet wallet.  The Dehlila caught my attention because of the gorgeous violet , a true chemistry laboratory magenta !  But then....the black has patent leather accents and who doesn't need black ?  But,  the neutrals are so luxurious........

laugh if you will......  I want more......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

Received the Lindy satchel in black and silver. Love the bag, but unfortunately like others have mentioned, out of five outside pockets and three inside, only the inside zip pocket will accomodate a cased iphone6 (sideways). It's really beautiful though. I wonder if these were designed well before the iphone6 was available and/or when pockets might start accomodating today's phones.

Considering whether to exchange it for the crossbody Lindy instead.

Anyone order and/or recieve that one? Would love to hear about it.

P.S. In case anyone's wondering, none of her bags, including this metallic type finish, has any type of chemical smell whatsoever. Just leather. 

Thanks for posting that. I really liked the black and silver leather on that bag and the silver hardware but the pockets looked tiny. I have the 6+ and figured my phone wouldn't fit in any of the pockets. I really wish she was more thorough in giving out size measurements and addressing the sizes of pockets. That's one thing that the Dooney presenters are really good at, they really cover the functionality of the bag. Aimee seems to get distracted gushing over how much she likes the bag. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Received the Lindy satchel in black and silver. Love the bag, but unfortunately like others have mentioned, out of five outside pockets and three inside, only the inside zip pocket will accomodate a cased iphone6 (sideways). It's really beautiful though. I wonder if these were designed well before the iphone6 was available and/or when pockets might start accomodating today's phones.

Considering whether to exchange it for the crossbody Lindy instead.

Anyone order and/or recieve that one? Would love to hear about it.

P.S. In case anyone's wondering, none of her bags, including this metallic type finish, has any type of chemical smell whatsoever. Just leather. 

Thanks for posting that. I really liked the black and silver leather on that bag and the silver hardware but the pockets looked tiny. I have the 6+ and figured my phone wouldn't fit in any of the pockets. I really wish she was more thorough in giving out size measurements and addressing the sizes of pockets. That's one thing that the Dooney presenters are really good at, they really cover the functionality of the bag. Aimee seems to get distracted gushing over how much she likes the bag. 

@jaxs mom Yes, I love that finish. If the TSV had been done in the B&S, I would have ordered. I ended up keeping the bag and using the inside pocket because I love it that much, but I'm hoping outside pockets will become larger on her new bags. I don't think it's really made for the iphone6, and the 6plus, well, even less. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I also wished the TSV has been in the black and silver. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Occasional Contributor

Just ordered my first Aimee bag(s) A267387 in moss and in gray. I really hope I am going to like her handbags!AIMEE.jpeg Anyone own this one?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered one of her bags awhile ago...it had a magnetic snap closure that was so strong that it took a lot of pulling to open.  After awhile one side of the magnetic pulled right out of the leather.  I examined it and it was held in place by metal prongs.  The hole it left in the leather was very tiny and so I pushed it back in and bent back the prongs to keep it in place but it is obvious it is not in there permanently so I stopped using the bag and it's way past 30 days.  So, that's it for me and Aimee Kestenberg.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you! Recently found her line.
Agree with everyone! Beautiful choices.