Honored Contributor

Re: Loving Aimee Kestenberg bags!

[ Edited ]

Received the Lindy satchel in black and silver. Love the bag, but unfortunately like others have mentioned, out of five outside pockets and three inside, only the inside zip pocket will accomodate a cased iphone6 (sideways). It's really beautiful though. I wonder if these were designed well before the iphone6 was available and/or when pockets might start accomodating today's phones.

Considering whether to exchange it for the crossbody Lindy instead.

Anyone order and/or recieve that one? Would love to hear about it.

P.S. In case anyone's wondering, none of her bags, including this metallic type finish, has any type of chemical smell whatsoever. Just leather. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Oh, Serendipity @Serendipity I am so glad the Dani is a winner! I thought so...I think it is just beautiful, classic and elegant! Well, since I canceled my orders of the four Dani bags (I thought it was just too much) I may have to reconsider and order just one! I can't decide between the black and the royal blue! I may go royal with the matching royal blue wallet. That's too bad about the defect in your wallet! Will you request another or just send it back? Have a good day, EEL

@EdithEllenLily Hi EEL, it's very pretty and has a nice slim profile, and yet is forgiving in what it can accommodate. Very well made. (My defect was the product of incorrect packaging.) I like that it's a wallet without magnets, too. I just might request another, even though I ordered the Gili croco in smoke, too! Thinking ... thinking. Smiley Very Happy I saw your Q about the royal Dani and wallet vs. the Dooney bag. I don't know enough to comment on the Dooney bag, but I bet this one is pretty in the blue!

@Serendipity Hi S -- That GILI wallet was beautiful! I am sure you will enjoy it. Woman Happy Well, I do not have a handbag or tote in royal blue (unlike our friend TK!)...still thinking on it...it's good to think on these things...

@EdithEllenLily@ Hmn... neither do I ...  if I return the blue exotic Gili hobo that arrived damaged with some wear. Decisions, decisions. The grey looks great too. I don't have one in that color either. On another note, are these @ notifications working for you yet? Not for me, although seems like there's posts saying they're working. ??? 

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Oh, Serendipity @Serendipity I am so glad the Dani is a winner! I thought so...I think it is just beautiful, classic and elegant! Well, since I canceled my orders of the four Dani bags (I thought it was just too much) I may have to reconsider and order just one! I can't decide between the black and the royal blue! I may go royal with the matching royal blue wallet. That's too bad about the defect in your wallet! Will you request another or just send it back? Have a good day, EEL

@EdithEllenLily Hi EEL, it's very pretty and has a nice slim profile, and yet is forgiving in what it can accommodate. Very well made. (My defect was the product of incorrect packaging.) I like that it's a wallet without magnets, too. I just might request another, even though I ordered the Gili croco in smoke, too! Thinking ... thinking. Smiley Very Happy I saw your Q about the royal Dani and wallet vs. the Dooney bag. I don't know enough to comment on the Dooney bag, but I bet this one is pretty in the blue!

@Serendipity Hi S -- That GILI wallet was beautiful! I am sure you will enjoy it. Woman Happy Well, I do not have a handbag or tote in royal blue (unlike our friend TK!)...still thinking on it...it's good to think on these things...

@EdithEllenLily@ Hmn... neither do I ...  if I return the blue exotic Gili hobo that arrived damaged with some wear. Decisions, decisions. The grey looks great too. I don't have one in that color either. On another note, are these @ notifications working for you yet? Not for me, although seems like there's posts saying they're working. ??? 

Don't even think about ordering another Dani, Serendipity! Stevieb's new scary mad sun dude with the sunburn wearing sunglasses will appear to yet hound another semi-bad shopper who is YOU! I'm sure you were just kidding, anyway. Woman Wink Woman LOL

No these notifications are STILL NOT WORKING. It's like they tell us about the feature but then don't activate it. I hope they got a really good deal on this Forum upgrade because it looks like a bargain basement program to me!

I do love the Hearts feature, though! It's fun to log on and see one! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Today I received the AK Alexis II Chain Crossbody in black mentioned earlier in this thread. I found it on My Habit at a great price! It will be perfect for going out to dinner and to events in Chicago like the opera where I don't want to have a huge handbag. Aimee's design with the wallet and pockets is excellent! 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Today I received the AK Alexis II Chain Crossbody in black mentioned earlier in this thread. I found it on My Habit at a great price! It will be perfect for going out to dinner and to events in Chicago like the opera where I don't want to have a huge handbag. Aimee's design with the wallet and pockets is excellent! 

That sounds like a lovely bag -- and the opera sounds even better! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Received the Lindy satchel in black and silver. Love the bag, but unfortunately like others have mentioned, out of five outside pockets and three inside, only the inside zip pocket will accomodate a cased iphone6 (sideways). It's really beautiful though. I wonder if these were designed well before the iphone6 was available and/or when pockets might start accomodating today's phones.

Considering whether to exchange it for the crossbody Lindy instead.

Anyone order and/or recieve that one? Would love to hear about it.

P.S. In case anyone's wondering, none of her bags, including this metallic type finish, has any type of chemical smell whatsoever. Just leather. 

UPDATE: I'm keeping the Lindy satchel, and will just use the inside zip for my phone sideways. Other than this, I just love the bag, size, shape, treatment, leather. So it's staying home with me. AK was right in that the silhouette of this bag is very flattering. She's quickly become one of my favorite handbag designers!

Honored Contributor

I just got my Lindy black/silver satchel and I really like it too.  The size is perfect easy to get into and see everything.  I have a Samsung S5 and it does fit in the inside pocket sideways.  I had my eye on this bag for awhile and jumped on it when it was on 5 ez pays, clearence price and free shipping!! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

You guys my beloved "Cali" Kestenberg bag isn't built as well as I originally thought!  It's the woven strips of leather going through the chain straps - one by one the leather is breaking.  I looked at the reviews for this bag and the majority are having the same problem.  It seems like everyone loves the bag as much as I do, but are returning it because of the breaking leather straps.  I'm so disappointed!  I could get an exchange but from the look of it the new bag will have these same issues.  Not sure what to do on this one.  I e-mailed customer service thinking maybe they'd cut me a deal on a defective bag, but I was told to either exchange it or return it.  Sigh...

Honored Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

You guys my beloved "Cali" Kestenberg bag isn't built as well as I originally thought!  It's the woven strips of leather going through the chain straps - one by one the leather is breaking.  I looked at the reviews for this bag and the majority are having the same problem.  It seems like everyone loves the bag as much as I do, but are returning it because of the breaking leather straps.  I'm so disappointed!  I could get an exchange but from the look of it the new bag will have these same issues.  Not sure what to do on this one.  I e-mailed customer service thinking maybe they'd cut me a deal on a defective bag, but I was told to either exchange it or return it.  Sigh...

Bummer. Sorry to hear that Tuesday! I received two bags of hers that had arrived with the same strap defect a couple years ago. Returned them both as defective. It seems this tends to happen with this style. I've refrained from purchasing this style strap unless I get a super deal (like $45 on an Alexis) and then just accept that it may happen. But for full price on the Cali, I'd probably send it back and opt for another style. Smiley Sad