Respected Contributor

Dooney & Bourke Windham Nylon Cleo Crossbody Bag

[ Edited ]

I have been looking at this bag since yesterday.  It is a little bigger than the crossbodys with the outside zipper pocket.  During the first presentation i thought Sue said that on the inside there was a zipper pocket and slip pockets on both sides.  But when i clicked on the most recent presentation with Jane last night it was not clear to me whether there were two inside zipper pockets.  But Sue did make it sound like it was something new and different, and of course one zipper pocket and three slips inside is as old as, well you know.  So i would love a post on this bag when it is received.  TKS.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke Windham Nylon Cleo Crossbody Bag

Hi Shawnie,

I just watched the presentation on youtube with Amy Stran and Sue indeed said and showed 2 zip pockets.  Very quick when she did it but I saw a fast glimpse of the additional  back wall zip : )    I did order the bag (I had a q gift card from Christmas) .  I had a hard time choosing a color,  I liked black, navy, aqua and red.  I chose the red!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@farmerswife wrote:

Hi Shawnie,

I just watched the presentation on youtube with Amy Stran and Sue indeed said and showed 2 zip pockets.  Very quick when she did it but I saw a fast glimpse of the additional  back wall zip : )    I did order the bag (I had a q gift card from Christmas) .  I had a hard time choosing a color,  I liked black, navy, aqua and red.  I chose the red!

Thank you for confirming what i thought i heard in that first presentation.  I will order the Navy if there are two zip pockets.  Let us know!  Edit--i watched that video and she was very clear there was a zipper on both sides so I just ordered it!  TKY @farmerswife!

Occasional Contributor

That's great!    I hope we both love our bags when they arrive!

Honored Contributor

That bag caught my eye.

Respected Contributor

I like this bag, thanks for writing about it.  Hmmmm, now to choose a color.  

Regular Contributor

I like the pink with navy interior. Plus, the name "Cleo" is my mamaw's name (who went to be with the Lord back in 2012). 

Respected Contributor

Received the bag, and i do not like it.  Yes it does have the two inside zipper compartments.  But the nylon is pretty close to what they had a couple of years ago.  It is shiny and to me looks like the nylon often used for diaper bags.  The inside is coated cotton.  It will not stand up on its own unless you pack it to the brim or use a purse organizer i guess.  Lastly they used a skinny little top zipper.  Hard to get a hold of etc.  I think people who have ordered the logo lock in this fabric may be surprised too.   I remember when Sue made some comment about oh yes it does have a kind of sheen.  Uh Yea.  Going back tomorrow as soon as i can get to the post office.  My nylon bags with almost a canvas feel I will now hold dearly.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Received the bag, and i do not like it.  Yes it does have the two inside zipper compartments.  But the nylon is pretty close to what they had a couple of years ago.  It is shiny and to me looks like the nylon often used for diaper bags.  The inside is coated cotton.  It will not stand up on its own unless you pack it to the brim or use a purse organizer i guess.  Lastly they used a skinny little top zipper.  Hard to get a hold of etc.  I think people who have ordered the logo lock in this fabric may be surprised too.   I remember when Sue made some comment about oh yes it does have a kind of sheen.  Uh Yea.  Going back tomorrow as soon as i can get to the post office.  My nylon bags with almost a canvas feel I will now hold dearly.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that @Shawnie! I ordered the new logo lock in nylon but haven't received it yet. If the nylon has been cheapened from the old Dooney nylon, I will not be impressed, either. Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

Oh no! Sorry to hear that @Shawnie! I ordered the new logo lock in nylon but haven't received it yet. If the nylon has been cheapened from the old Dooney nylon, I will not be impressed, either. Woman Tongue

I dont know if it is cheapened @EdithEllenLily but it is not what i wanted.  Many years ago i had a suit bag in nylon and it looked like this.  But it was a piece of luggage.  And then diaper bags etc.  But it doesnt stand up, the i think yes cheap little zipper.  Not for me at any price.