Honored Contributor

A drying Hydrangea bloom.DSCF8496.JPG

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

My favorite, changing color.  The blooms are huge, and different colors at the same time.  I will definitely cut these for drying.  I hope I can figure out the name of this one day.DSCF8274.JPG

This bush is gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

A blue hydrangea changing color.  I havn't seen blue change to white on the perimeter of the bloom.DSCF8569.JPG

Honored Contributor

DSCF8682.JPG

Honored Contributor

DSCF8644.JPG

Honored Contributor

DSCF9259.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Hydrangeas

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

DSCF9259.JPG

I have two of this one @mousiegirl.  Did you dry these?  Would love to see how they turned out.  Gorgeous!!!  LM

PS, when do you cut this one back?  One of mine is a bit leggy.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

DSCF9259.JPG

I have two of this one @mousiegirl.  Did you dry these?  Would love to see how they turned out.  Gorgeous!!!  LM

@Lilysmom  This is dried.  I cut them last week after they reached this color. They are a deep blue/purple, and turn to this red color at the very end.  I have been cutting off the dead blooms periodically, just above the buds that are forming now.  I only cut off leggy stems or what doesn't look good. They are only about two-three years old, so not huge yet.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

DSCF9259.JPG

@Lilysmom  This is dried.  I cut them last week after they reached this color. They are a deep blue/purple, and turn to this red color at the very end.  I have been cutting off the dead blooms periodically, just above the buds that are forming now.  I only cut off leggy stems or what doesn't look good. They are only about two-three years old, so not huge yet.

@mousiegirl, where are you located?  I should know but it escapes me now...

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

DSCF9259.JPG

@mousiegirl, where are you located?  I should know but it escapes me now...

@Lilysmom Northern CA.  It is about 50 degrees out now, which is plenty cold enough for me. Smiley Happy