Respected Contributor

Re: SG Cold Shoulder getting the cold shoulder

The cold shoulder thing can be really cute or really awful.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@mcducky wrote:

I am not a fan of the cold shoulder look....especially on me.  I've tried a couple styles but just don't favor them.  

Me, too. Not the cold shoulders that I've seen on Q, anyway.

I think it is time for a new fashion cutout...maybe a cold back, or a cold midriff, or a cold side.

Esteemed Contributor

Dress is ugly and the prints horrible and loud. I like the cold shoulder style in tops not in cardigans or dresses.

Respected Contributor

Had to go and check out the dress. We didn't watch television due to it being Easter. Spent with family.  Wow, I can see why there are so many negative comments! I don't so much mind the cold shoulder. It is smaller in size then some of the other SG cold shoulder openings. But the prints! My Gosh!  So ugly... who would want to be seen out and about in those. The fit is not that great either. It accentuates the hips and your bumm. It clings there and then just drops. Not a good look at all. I think I'll pass on this dress. Don't see anything flattering about it.

Honored Contributor

When I tuned in yesterday morning when Pat was on, over 40,000 of the dress had already sold and a couple of the sizes in the red had sold out.  I would hardly call this TSV a flop or say that it didn't sell well. 

Trusted Contributor

I like the red and black dress. I have a few cold shoulder items in my wardrobe. My husband told me that they are sexy in a subtle way. Smiley Wink 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I have never liked the cold shoulder look, and I never will. I've yet to see a single item sporting this look that I think is attractive and while it's an each to their own kind of thing, I don't find it a flattering look regardless of one's overall appearance or what kind of shape they're in...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

I like the dress and am hurt when I read that apparently I like tacky ugly things.

@TheMemphisVette

Please don't take it to heart and consider the source(s).

Telling others that their choice in a dress is tacky, ironically, is the epitome of tacky!! And  beyond the tacky, and worse in my opinion, it shows a serious lack of class...

Honored Contributor

Dont feel bad I like the dress too.  We can be tacky together.  Also, the negative posts on Susans clothes are targeted to Susan personally.  Its been that way for years.  It does not matter what she has, does, says, doesnt say she will get bullied.  Just ignore and continue to wear what YOU like.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I have been reading about the cold shoulder look in fashion magazines and stories about what is "In and Out".  SUpposedly  the look is on its way out.  HOpe those who purchased will not be stuck,with a totally outdated look next spring.