Super Contributor

Re: PLEASE BE AWARE - JEANS - HEADS UP

She is correct about MOM jeans out of style .... but no worries cuz I do not shop jeans (my favorite style item) from the inclusive home shopping offers ever.  Jeans' fit is so important for great style.  

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Pink123    Thank  you for  the alert.  I like the high rise jeans and trousers the best so I will continue  to  stock up on them while they are still available.  Can't believe they are shifting so quickly  away from high rise.

also prefer boot cut.   I  am very thin  and "skinny or jeggings" don't do  anything to enhance my silhouette.

I like my wait band at my  naural waistiiline and my rise is about 15 inches.

Best,

aroc3435

washington, DC

I agree @aroc3435  "I'm thin and tall too.  My point was just to give an alert to anyone who prefers a higher rise.

And someone posted here they are "MOM" jeans.  No, mine are skinny jeans with an 11" rise.  The AG "farrah" has been around for years bt it sits at 9.75.  It's ok but a bit higher is perfect for us taller girls.

And one other point was watch out.  They will get lower and lower.  Ala "Brittney Spears" kind of look.  I don't believe anyone here on this thread tiny or big can rock or look good in them.

@Kachina624  was correct.  The "Q" will continue with their audience which is a different group.  

However, my favorite line and only fitting here at Q was "laurie felt" jeans.  They were the best and did purchase quite a few when she was on HSN.  I'm sorry to hear she is going away.  Such a shame.

If you don't wear belts and tuck but wear tunic's none of this should matter but it does for those that do.  Another poster on this thread said your butt crack will show.  And it's coming.  Shes right. lol.

Respected Contributor

I consider midrise about 8 to 8.5 inches.  Have not seen shorter for years.  J Brand now bankrupt had some good 8.5" jeans that fit me well.

But I love skinny's.  Flares will continue into 2023.

Regular Contributor

Well this is simply horrible news & I guess my jean shopping life is about to become worse in the future...if that is even possible.

Ladies, no matter what size you are, if you own a stack of jeans that fit, I envy you. I have ONE pair that ALMOST fits me. I am forced to spend life in either dresses, or in pants/trousers. "Throw on a pair of jeans and a T " does not exist in my world.

I am 5'2" with a 28 in.inseam...waist is 24" and hip is 30"...yeah THIRTY ".You have all looked at enough size charts to be aware that 00S and XXS start with hip at 34". GOOD LUCK finding 000S or XXXS, almost no one has it -EVER.

I have NO hips and NO rear end. My DD lovingly calls me "zero booty" ...as in, you have none. LOL, except it's not so funny, rather frustrating. I have had jeans cinched tight with a belt fall to the floor out of nowhere while wearing them. Happened to me once at work but fortunately I was wearing a long white lab coat at the time. Co-workers were truly entertained, I was mortified.

Have thought about getting bespoke, but that is super expensive, so nope. Have thought about the pre-teen dept. where hip measurements are smaller for less-developed figures...if I could find a 28"inseam there, but I would have to take them into a ladies dressing room - not teen dressing room - to try on without embarassment.

Anyway, it is what it is and so now if low rise makes a comeback I will be purchasing more trousers I guess...

Day=ruined *deep sigh*

Honored Contributor

High rise on my short torso is half way up to my bra!!  Mid rise often is a bit above my waist even.  I need a lower rise for comfort!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think there is cause for concern, as it appears that most retailers carry all types, rises and legs of jeans now.  Taking a look at the Gap, Madewell, JCrew, etc there are so many options it is overwhelming.  Every rise will be available.  

Respected Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@Pink123 

I don't think that version of low riders look too low. I guess in my mind I was envisioning tight hip huggers where you saw the pelvic bone. Now as for the top...that person looks fabulous ... but I could not imagine wearing anything that short.

@kate2357  this is just an example.  can wear it too but my age at who would? 

Just giving a heads up here ladies.  It will get lower meaning the rise. Very, very, low.

Respected Contributor

This thread is for the slim, tall, who can wear the very low hipsters

but get it but do not care for it.  

If you think in the future 8.5 inches is low good luck.  I remember at Bloomingdales they were under 7 inches and sat there for years.

It was hard to find a mid range rise at that time.... really hard.

Honored Contributor

As an hour glass, I prefer jeans and all pants to be at my waist.  I don't do "droopy drawers"!!!

Respected Contributor

Interesting... I'm not a fan of high rise jeans, since I'm short-waisted, so they give me a droopy crotch! 🤣 if mid-rise come back, yay!!