Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@River Song wrote:

@wilma 

I've never purchased clothing from Amazon, your jacket is very nice and I like it with the white pants.  I'm too chicken to buy clothes on Amazon in case I need to return the item.  I haven't owned light wash denim in ages, probably in the 80's, lol.  

Anyways, now I'm debating about buying that Costco jean jacket in the lighter denim, it's not quite as light wash as your jacket.  Not that I need another denim jacket, but with Costco, you have to buy it when you see it, otherwise it's gone.  And I can return it to the warehouse if I change my mind.

@River Song 

I've been afraid to buy Amazon clothes too, especially the brands I don't know. I felt more comfortable buying this jacket since Lee is a brand I know, and it had good reviews. 

I don't own much light wash denim either. This jacket is only my second piece. I also own one pair of light wash jeans. I prefer medium and darker washes of denim. I think they're more versatile for dressing up a bit and darker washes are more flattering on the legs. JMO. 

I chose to buy my jacket in a light wash because I own so many dark denim jeans. I'm more likely to wear a light wash jacket with a dark jean. Not sure I'd ever wear a dark denim jacket and a dark denim jean together, even though that seems to be a look some are wearing again. 

Frequent Contributor

@ECBG, thanks for the John Mark clarification.
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Another warm one!  Thunder storms expected in a few hours.

Our cotton top with embellished neck.  White gauze vest, Eileen Fisher, white capris.  Carved ivory pendant of Nightingale Q years ago.

20230725_162802.jpg

20230725_162937.jpg

@SandySparkles 

You're going to want this top!!!Smiley Happy

You are so right! This top is speaking my language! I LOVE the color combo with splashes of pink.😍 Everything about it is perfect!!!❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Frequent Contributor

@CoffeeNut @ECBG 

Thank you for the kind words.  I feel bad for not posting on here, I have a lot of fun doing so  I have fallen way behind, and I can't seem to get caught back up.  I have posts created, but still require a lot of finishing touches, and now I'm a bit overwhelmed for being so far behind.  I very much miss doing posts.  THe outfits you all post are equally as enjoyable, and I often get inspiration myself.

I've been accepted into law school, which I will be starting part time starting this fall, two nights a week.  I've also been planning a romantic weekend for my boyfriend's 30th birthday, which will occur in two weeks, so that's a big part of why I'm behind.

Additionally,

@Parischic @wilma @Flatbush 

Thank you for your kind comments on my past post.  This community does give me a bit of motivation; I may have just skipped some of my draft posts, partly except for that, now I feel too far out to be relevant.  THough I enjoy sharing the outfits.  I'll be back in some form, sooner rather than later I hope.

I'll continue lurking around here, as I've been, as I, too, enjoy your outfit posts Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Alyssa951951 

So wonderful to "see you"!  

I am so very happy that first, you are alright.  We all take care of each other and are a long distance "family" that you are a part of.

I am thrilled that you are beginning law school!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed preparing to teach.  Just take a day at a time, you can only do what you can do.  No doubt that you can balance a career and a life.

Your BF is very lucky to have you.  If he is the one, he is very fortunate to have you!  

Looking forward to you dropping in!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Alyssa951951 

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for the updates. Hope to see your outfits again. Good luck with law school. Happy Birthday to your boyfriend.
Best Wishes to you both! 🌈

Respected Contributor

@Alyssa951951 wrote:

@CoffeeNut @ECBG 

Thank you for the kind words.  I feel bad for not posting on here, I have a lot of fun doing so  I have fallen way behind, and I can't seem to get caught back up.  I have posts created, but still require a lot of finishing touches, and now I'm a bit overwhelmed for being so far behind.  I very much miss doing posts.  THe outfits you all post are equally as enjoyable, and I often get inspiration myself.

I've been accepted into law school, which I will be starting part time starting this fall, two nights a week.  I've also been planning a romantic weekend for my boyfriend's 30th birthday, which will occur in two weeks, so that's a big part of why I'm behind.

Additionally,

@Parischic @wilma @Flatbush 

Thank you for your kind comments on my past post.  This community does give me a bit of motivation; I may have just skipped some of my draft posts, partly except for that, now I feel too far out to be relevant.  THough I enjoy sharing the outfits.  I'll be back in some form, sooner rather than later I hope.

I'll continue lurking around here, as I've been, as I, too, enjoy your outfit posts Smiley Happy

Congratulations on law school!  In college the law classes were always my favorite, i never had enough confidence to pursue that career though.  I ended up working with mainframe computers, lots of people found it boring but I loved it and playing detective to find problems,, just retired last December.  

Honored Contributor

Alyssa!

Contratulations!

I (and others) are so happy to know that you are ok and doing very well in your goals.

(I had been somewhat worried about you.  Hearing that you are in good health and doing well is a huge relief to me and others.)

Wishing you continued success.

Best wishes to you and your BF. !

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

@Alyssa951951 I'm so happy for you! I was wondering what you have been up to, sounds like you're very busy!
Good luck to you in law school and I hope your party is a blast for your boyfriend!
Honored Contributor

Hello ladies!  I was dead tired last night after closing, so you get 2 outfits, yesterday and today.

A fav white top because of the white in white design, and a Habitat tunic.  White cotton capris.  Turquoise beeds for color.

20230810_212347.jpg

20230810_212411.jpg

To day, I had on A Michael Stars navy linen jacket, my top is blue and pink/violet floral, navy capris.  Hand carved nightingale in ivory.

I was disgusted with myself for forgetting a light wt. denim cargo jacket which would have been better!

20230811_181140.jpg

20230811_181204.jpg

20230811_181303.jpg