Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Bri21 wrote:

I liked Meryl Streep's dress tonight.   Usually I don't care for her dresses 

thought the bugle beads went out in the 1970's. (although still alive on some cruise lines).  not her best look-   but she is not into fashion -  she only "played" a fashion icon on the screen.  !!!!

Those weren't bugle beads, were they? Meryl Streep's dress (Givenchy) had large "jewels" on it.

Trusted Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

was surprised -  and disappointed -   that "Fences" didn't get more recognition.   

Really?  I saw the play and thought it was amazing.  Not a good transaltion to the big screen.  Denzel and Viola were incredible but the movie was low budget, loooong and booooring.

Esteemed Contributor

@MRSTH wrote:

GO, MERYL!Meryl-Streep-2017-Golden-Globe-Awards-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Givenchy-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-6.jpg

@MRSTH wrote:

GO, MERYL!Meryl-Streep-2017-Golden-Globe-Awards-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Givenchy-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-6.jpg

@MRSTH wrote:

It,s suppose to be an awards show, not political.  I did not care for her doing that.  Just because she is a big Starr?

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@MRSTH wrote:

GO, MERYL!

@MRSTH wrote:

GO, MERYL!

@MRSTH wrote:

GO, MERYL!

It,s suppose to be an awards show, not political.  I did not care for her doing that.  Just because she is a big Starr?

Yes. Because she is a 'star' and has an audience of millions she stated what she feels.

It isn't like EITHER candidate didn't take advantage of 'hollywood types' willing to campaign for them!

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@MRSTH wrote:

I loved her speech.

Honored Contributor

@Bri21 wrote:

evan-rachel-wood-zoom-1878fe01-08eb-4f98-8b68-87600d5b8854.jpg

Evan Rachel Wood

I can't believe I am saying this as I am all about the dress but I thought she looked stunning last night.  I was lucky enough to catch her being interviewed by Guiliana and the tailoring of that suit was beyond impeccable as was her make up.  Because she is so tall and thin, she wore it perfectly.  Loved it!

There were a lot of hits and misses last night, I can't wait to watch the Fashion Police . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

It's star...explains a lot.

This is nothing new. Maybe if she tweeted it ya'll would have understood it.

Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@Bri21 wrote:

thought the bugle beads went out in the 1970's. (although still alive on some cruise lines).  not her best look-   but she is not into fashion -  she only "played" a fashion icon on the screen.  !!!!

Those weren't bugle beads, were they? Meryl Streep's dress (Givenchy) had large "jewels" on it.

couldn't tell from the picture.   not wild about hunks of fakey jewels either. unnecessarily old lady-ish in my book.  but i remind myself:  MS is not a fashionista.

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@Bri21 wrote:

couldn't tell from the picture.   not wild about hunks of fakey jewels either. unnecessarily old lady-ish in my book.  but i remind myself:  MS is not a fashionista.

With your nic you would think you enjoy a "traditional" dress.

Valued Contributor

Streeps dress was awful and she herself looked old and tired.