Honored Contributor

I actually thought Reese Witherspoon looked great.  Very pretty yellow dress and blondes look wonderful in yellow.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I need to watch more TV.  I do not know who half of these women are!

Valued Contributor

Re: Golden Globes!

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis wrote:

caitriona-balfe-golden-globes-2017

@itiswhatitis This dress reminds me of the scenes on tv when a woman gets out of bed naked, but can't show anything - obviously - so she wraps herself in the sheet as she's getting out of bed. (I apologize if anyone else made this observation. There are dozens of pages of commentary here and although I'm loving it...am too tired to read them all. You guys are way better than Fashion Police!)

Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

On page #1 here, post #10, who is the actress in that beautifully detailed rose-colored gown? It suits her perfectly.

Never mind- I see it's Lily Collins. I have no idea who she is, but she looks amazing in that dress.

@spot555

That was the only dress I liked.....but I think her lipstick should've been toned down just a tad.....but she did look beautiful......

The rest just showed their boobs....and the some of the designs were not figure flattering and others downright UGLY!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spot555 wrote:

Thanks SilleeMee-

I don't care for the intense red lip with the romantic rose-colored dress, but she does look beautiful.

@spot555

Here's some of the designers other dresses some are just beautiful....and what a bargain at just slightly over $5,000......why arent these on QVC---LOL!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=zuhair+murad+dresses&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0hI...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

I thought the dark, heavy eye makeup worn by Sarah Jessica Parker and Goldie Hawn ruined their look.  It made their eyes barely visible.  

Love Reese Witherspoon’s dress, Giuliana Rancic, Emma Stone  and some others.  I don’t know everyone’s name. 

@cotton4me

I didnt even recognize Goldie Hawn...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ms traditional

be it natural or man-made they're still exposing themselves... correct?

@Andreatoo

That's why they call television the boob tube......just for events like this Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

I think Meryl always looks like a mess- from her dress to her hair.

@spot555

I like the fact that she didn't look as if she were trying too hard. Classy, simple, confident.  I might not wear that dress but I liked seeing a self-assured woman not trying to look half her age. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@chi5925 wrote:

I'm usually a fan of her red carpet style, but what in the &(*&^% was she thinking when she put on this outfit?

I don't know whether she's channeling Heidi (with that hairdo) or  whether she borrowed someone's old bridesmaid dress.

Seriously, she needs to FIRE her stylist.  And guess what....Vera Wang designed that dress.  Jeez!

SJP2.jpg

I don't think she's channeling Heidi, I think it's an attempt to tribute Carrie Fisher/Princess Leia.

Leia's first outfit is a belted white dress with long sleeves. She's known for the double buns, but one of her other common hairstyles is a braid or a roll over the top of her head. Here are some examples:

Image result for princess leia

General Leia Organa from Star Wars Episode 7 The Force Awakens:

Image result for princess leia hair

She may have changed her plans for the whole outfit barely two weeks ago, so that's not a lot of time to design and deliver.

@ChynnaBlue@chi5925

LOL----the commentary made me laugh....and I agree about the dress---just awful!