Esteemed Contributor

Re: DG2 Vintage Skinny Jean TSV

@sandraskates wrote:

On this last presentation Diane looked like the pair she was wearing was way to tight; her legs looked like she was going to pop the fabric any second.

Hi @sandraskates

She always looks like that in her jeans to me!  Hence, references to "sausage casings!"  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Valued Contributor

I ordered the off white pair, in a petite size. I liove white jeans for spring.   I thought the embroidery was cute on the light.  

Esteemed Contributor

I thought they were cute but not for me.  We would put appliques on ours in the 50s.  Not that much though, Just a flower on the lower leg or back pocket.  Loved the white!

Honored Contributor

Embroidery is back in style--bigtime.  I saw lots at Anthropologie and in Sundance.  That being said, Diane's is dated looking.  

She usually "does" items in a way that I just don't care for.   

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

I've never found a pair the DG's jeans that comes near fitting me.

As for her embroidered jeans, I'm not a fan of skinny jeans, but some of the colors were cute.  Problem with embroidered jeans is you are limited to how many times you can wear them.  Unlike plain jeans, they are recognizable so you cannot wear them every day.

Honored Contributor

It appears, in her presentations, that Diane mandates everyone go down a few sizes! Which I guess is her prerogative its her product. Colleen took every opportunity to cover herself and when she wasn't holding a pair of jeans she was pulling her jacket down to make sure she was still covered. The only one that this rule didn't seem to hurt was Alice but only because the smallest size was probably hers! LOL
Honored Contributor

I didn't think Colleen looked uncomfortable at all.  Colleen has always said that in most jeans she is a size 8 but in Diane's jeans she can go down to a size 4.  I thought she looked fine in the jeans.   Anytime I've seen her present Diane's jeans, she says she's in the 4.  Some of the models were in their normal size, some went down a size.  Diane is the only one that I thought looked poured into the jeans.  I thought the hosts and the models looked fine.      

She had on that cold shoulder denim top and then put the blazer over and the combination of the 3 pieces just didn't get it for me.  I think she had the blazer on just because she was selling it.  I don't think that's a look she would normally do. 

I have some of Diane's superstretch jeggings both in the skinny and the bootcut.  I don't have any issue with them stretching out of shape at all.  However because I am a pear shape, I do not go down a size.  Also because of my shape, I can only wear the superstretch that pulls up.  I cannot do a traditional set in waistband and zipper.  They are always huge in my waist by the time the hips, butt and thigh area fits and there is also a ton of room in the crotch area.    

Trusted Contributor

Received the Chambray jeans. They're, definitely, summer jeans--- meaning, they're very thin. I, fully, expect them to wear out by the time or before the embroidered trend ends. That's okay. I'll have one summer of cheap fun (if I can exchange them for a smaller size).

They run HUUUGE... I'd say, 2 sizes too big. TONS of stretch, too.  And, what is that smell? A combination of RAID and mothballs?

Honored Contributor

@MRSTH wrote:

Received the Chambray jeans. They're, definitely, summer jeans--- meaning, they're very thin. I, fully, expect them to wear out by the time or before the embroidered trend ends. That's okay. I'll have one summer of cheap fun (if I can exchange them for a smaller size).

They run HUUUGE... I'd say, 2 sizes too big. TONS of stretch, too.  And, what is that smell? A combination of RAID and mothballs?

Wellllll.  Okay.  LOL  I don't remember the price but are you sure these are worth the exchange? 

DG's jeans always have a chemical smell to me when I first get them.  With the exception of a black pair, the smell went away.  But I only own a sum total of 3 pair so it's not like I'm an expert. LOL 

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

"...are you sure these are worth the exchange?"

Yup. These are very basic embroidered jeans, but, they're good enough for kicking around. They're no Cavalli roberto-cavalli-blue-embroidered-birds-feathers-jeans-product-0-245279792-normal.jpeg... that's for sure, but, they'll do for the price.