Trusted Contributor

Re: DG2 Vintage Skinny Jean TSV

[ Edited ]

Hahahahaha

I just received other Dg2 jeans (2 colors in another style). I ordered the same size as the embroidered, but, this one is (at least) 2 SIZES TOO SMALL.
So, a 4-size difference in 2 pairs (styles) of jeans that are supposed to be the same size. I will grant anyone a 1/2 or even 1 size leeway--- but,  4?

Gilman wins the prize for most consistently wildly inconsistent sizing. 

No more

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@sandraskates wrote:

Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments. I want the pair with the flowers down the side and I know with my proportioned but curvy figure that hips can be exaggerated so I wouldn't want them skin tight.

I was looking at a pair of jeggings I bought from Kohls with a similar fabric content, 1% Spandex and they are a 10.

Still don't know what to do! Might buy 2 pairs - a 10 and a 12 - on easy pay and try them on. I don't really like to play that game but if these look good I know I'd get a lot of wear out of them.

@sandraskates,

If you can swing it, I would get three different sizes all in the same color and style. Hopefully one of them will fit you.

@SilleeMee- Yes, I should have bought 3 sizes and one of them should have been an 8!   LOL - I might have been an 8 in elementary school.

Just wanted to come back and let everyone know that HSN shipped my 2 pairs of jeans separately. I received the size 10 today and the fit is on the big side. So when the 12 arrives, it will be returned for sure. Just deciding if I should try the 8.

The jeans are very cute and the flower embroidery starts just about mid-hip. On me that's just below the widest part of my hips, so they are not accentuated.

I can't wait to wear them but I'll have to make up my mind about what to do about the size.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have such a love-hate relationship with Dg2 jeans. Cat Very Happy

I just got a pair of her oxymoronically-named "NEW CLASSIC STRETCH" jeans. These have a smell that puts all others to shame. It's unlike any I've ever smelled. They, literally, trigger my gag reflex. The color's beautiful, but, if the smell doesn't wash out, the jeans go back.

cmfik.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@MsLomo wrote:

I learned the hard way after too many orders and exchanges and returns that when you order DG2, you are in for a wild ride: Size inconsistency, including between colors and also between two of the same color in the same size (I am not making this up); poor workmanship; and items that stretch and grow on you during the day until you need to go home and change.

And then, there's the ONE in 20 orders that fits so well and looks so good, you get snookered in again (repeat wild ride). 

I finally got too old for this kind of excitement. I gave up.

Edited to add: @sandraskates, I have not ordered DG2 Vintage Skinny Jeans so I cannot report on the fit of this one, but I hope if you order this TS, you get a pair that looks and fits great!

MsLomo, you are so right with everything you said!  "When you order DG2, you are in for a wild ride" says it all about my experiences with Ms. Gilman's jeans - have many pairs, none ever fit the same, stretched out horribly while wearing, and gave up a couple of years ago.  

Trusted Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

@MsLomo wrote:

I learned the hard way after too many orders and exchanges and returns that when you order DG2, you are in for a wild ride: Size inconsistency, including between colors and also between two of the same color in the same size (I am not making this up); poor workmanship; and items that stretch and grow on you during the day until you need to go home and change.

And then, there's the ONE in 20 orders that fits so well and looks so good, you get snookered in again (repeat wild ride). 

I finally got too old for this kind of excitement. I gave up.

Edited to add: @sandraskates, I have not ordered DG2 Vintage Skinny Jeans so I cannot report on the fit of this one, but I hope if you order this TS, you get a pair that looks and fits great!

MsLomo, you are so right with everything you said!  "When you order DG2, you are in for a wild ride" says it all about my experiences with Ms. Gilman's jeans - have many pairs, none ever fit the same, stretched out horribly while wearing, and gave up a couple of years ago.  

Yes, it's the potential of stretching out while I'm wearing them that concerns me.