Valued Contributor
If I don't feel like mingling, I order room service, which I generally prefer, however, even then I don't answer the door in my night attire. It doesn't bother me if someone else wears their jammies, robe and slippers but it is not something I would do.
Frequent Contributor

It skeeves me out to think of wearing my pajamas, or clothes that I sleep in or lounge in bed in, out in the germy public domain.  No matter how cute my PJ's are.  Woman SurprisedWoman LOL

I often wonder if I'm the only one that feels this way. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I have seen people wearing robes and slippers in the lobby and at breakfast buffers for years in the US.  It's very common.

I've never seen it in Europe or Asia.

It doesn't bother me as long as  they are not in sexy lingerie like you see at the lunch buffet or in resturants in beach areas.  They come right in from the pool half naked and greased up.

Many resurants won't even allow men in without shirts with sleeves, but women can wear anything or almost nothing.

I always make sure I am dressed in street clothing before I leave my room....or RV.

I do me and let them do as they want to.  I just hate sun lotions on the tables and seats.  So gross with your almost bare bottom on a chair.

Respected Contributor

I personally would not wear my pjs to breakfast at a hotel. I'm also not surprised to hear people do. 

Honored Contributor

If I were in a public area of a hotel I would be dressed.  Not pjs, not sweats, but actual clothing.  You are having breakfast in a public dining room.  Put some clothes on.

Honored Contributor

The ones that don't take breakfast back to their room are called "lazy"!

Honored Contributor

Re: Breakfast Atire

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

I don't understand this sentence.  If I don't take breakfast back to my room, I'm lazy?  @ECBG 

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I don't understand this sentence.  If I don't take breakfast back to my room, I'm lazy?  @ECBG 

I don't get it either, how is that lazy?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG  If it's a breakfast room with tables and chairs, why would you be lazy to eat it there? Much easier to eat at a table than in a hotel room.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Breakfast Atire

[ Edited ]

I have seen people wearing pajama bottoms in the grocery store. It doesn't surprise me anymore what people wear. One man was wearing a white t-shirt with a big stain on the front.  I was behind an older women in a grocery line who was not wearing a bra, when she bent over to put her groceries on the conveyor belt, I thought for sure her breasts were going to get caught.  People have become very relaxed in their appearance. IMHO, we are living in a world where nothing is off the chart.