Honored Contributor

The IPad Pro is new technology so how can this be a bad deal?  Just got a preview email this morning.  Lifetime tech support, 32gb for $1179 with accessories.  I'm gonna run over to the Apple site and recheck their price but on the surface, this deal seems good.  What am I missing?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Apple has the 128GB iPad Pro with cellular for $1079. Does the QVC iPad have cellular or JUST wi-fi? If it just has wi-fi, that's one thing I'd question about the price because Apple store charges $949 for the one with just wi-fi.

What are the accessories? Are they cheap things or things you won't use, or are they useful? Many times I see QVC bundles include cheap or useless "accessories" and then crank the price up.

I'd check the Apple store for the product I want, the accessories I want, and then price that all out and see how it compares. I don't know what's offered or what you want, and that's what really matters.

Apple store offers financing, so don't spend more just for easy pay.

Honored Contributor

I just rechecked at Apple, @ChynnaBlue.  I must have just been in shock at seeing the Pro on Q.  I forgot that 32gb is only $799 on Apple's site with $99 for AppleCare.  Upon taking a second look, I see that it's not that great of a deal.  Must on the preview price, you have to pay shipping.

My excitement got the best of me for a minute.  Thanks for your input.  I do wish that Apple would do a bundle, though.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

And don't forget Apple will allow you to make payments. Another thing for people to keep in mind is 32gb is NOT enough storage/RAM. 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Respected Contributor

@MrsT wrote:

And don't forget Apple will allow you to make payments. Another thing for people to keep in mind is 32gb is NOT enough storage/RAM. 

It depends on how you use it.  My iPad has 32GB and it's fine for my use.  BTW, storage and RAM are not the same thing.

Honored Contributor

Re: iPad Pro on the Q

[ Edited ]

@glb613 wrote:

@MrsT wrote:

It depends on how you use it.  My iPad has 32GB and it's fine for my use.  BTW, storage and RAM are not the same thing.

Totally agree, @glb613, 32GB can be fine depending upon how a device is used.

I wanted to add that the support offered with these Apple devices sold by QVC is not the same high quality as AppleCare.  (Sorry, QVC, but it's true.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Thanks @glb613. I'm awful about terminology...so I learned something, so thank you. And I should ave said 32gbs is not enough for how my husband and I use OUR iPads. Between photos (I've lots of albums for things like my grandkids, different hairstyles, yoga positions, etc), music (over 1,100 songs), apps, etc I currently have over 45gbs used.

My grandson has a 32gb Mini iPad and he had to delete quite a few apps from his device just to be able to update the iOS. Trying to juggle updates with space used (which I ran into with a past iPhone) has convinced me that I'm better off having more storage than I need, than making do with less. It's a personal choice we all get to make based on how we use our devices. 😊

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
New Contributor
Absolutely, I would not purchase another IPAD from QVC; the support is just not there and the quality is NOT the same. I tried to post this review online with the IPAD I purchased and QVC refused to post my review! So I'm trying to warn others so they don't waste there money. Go to the Apple Store at least the product is of better quality and they WILL provide you with excellent service IF you have a problem.
New Contributor
Type-o....waste "their" money!
Respected Contributor

@Jo Nice wrote:
Absolutely, I would not purchase another IPAD from QVC; the support is just not there and the quality is NOT the same. I tried to post this review online with the IPAD I purchased and QVC refused to post my review! So I'm trying to warn others so they don't waste there money. Go to the Apple Store at least the product is of better quality and they WILL provide you with excellent service IF you have a problem.

Apple doesn't have one type of iPad they sell and a lesser quality iPad they sell through other retailers.  What happens at the Q is, they sell older versions.  They also include a bunch of accessories you can get cheaper elsewhere.