Esteemed Contributor

Computer Techie Help Pls

[ Edited ]

Good morning and Merry Christmas Eve.

My neighbor is having email problems with his computer.  He can't send email. IT goes to his out box and sits there.  It is not his email account as he can send and receive on his iPad.

i know this isn't a lot of info.  Can anyone point me in a direction to try and help him with his computer?  Both his service provider and gmail are an issue with the computer sending and receiving.  Both accounts work fine on iPad.  Where should I look first?

Thank you techies for your help today and all year long.  Your assistance is always greatly appreciated.  LM

PS, his computer is only a year old.  His ISP provider is less than helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Computer Techie Help Pls

Problem solved!  Merry Christmas!  LM

Honored Contributor

Well, that was easy. Come back anytime! I love problems that fix themselves.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman, hahaha, good answer!  Love the easy fixes too.  Happy holidays my friend!  LM

Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

It would be nice and very helpful if posters would share what fixed the problem. 

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

It would be nice and very helpful if posters would share what fixed the problem. 

Two fixes, the first being to delete pictures in an email that were too large and a restart of the computer.  So simple.  My friend was so happy to be able to communicate with his European friends again.  His was an Apple desktop computer.

Merry Christmas @glb613 et al!  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Two fixes, the first being to delete pictures in an email that were too large and a restart of the computer.  So simple.  My friend was so happy to be able to communicate with his European friends again.  His was an Apple desktop computer.

Thanks for posting back.  You never know who is reading and may learn the simple that fixed your problem.  BTW, it's easy to resize a photo to make it easier to send and recieve. 

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Thanks for posting back.  You never know who is reading and may learn the simple that fixed your problem.  BTW, it's easy to resize a photo to make it easier to send and recieve. 

@glb613, yes, I saw the small box to resize on the apple computer.  It was a really nice computer ... Had me thinking I might do that next time I buy a computer ... I know those who own them like them.  Wondering if they are worth the extra $... LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@glb613, yes, I saw the small box to resize on the apple computer.  It was a really nice computer ... Had me thinking I might do that next time I buy a computer ... I know those who own them like them.  Wondering if they are worth the extra $... LM

I have an iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone.  I didn't find it easy to learn the Apple operating system at first but, they say those who know Windows well have problems.   Are they worth the extra cost?  Yes.  Is there a learning curve?  Yes.  Would I buy another Mac computer?  Yes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

I have an iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone.  I didn't find it easy to learn the Apple operating system at first but, they say those who know Windows well have problems.   Are they worth the extra cost?  Yes.  Is there a learning curve?  Yes.  Would I buy another Mac computer?  Yes. 

Good answer Gail.  I think I will check this out next time I am ready to buy a new laptop.  Does using iPad and iPhone help with the transition?

Happy New Year!  LM