Esteemed Contributor

Such good news @Tinkrbl44 !!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Calm down people please [WOW!] and Happy Easter and Passover.

Oh, please .....  Who's not calm?   Stop fabricating.    No one here is upset.   Don't know why you are so confused by the conversation here.

Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

If you've got an Android phone, here's a great article on how to track it down easily and free (to within about 20 yards anyway on mine when I just tested it.) http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2423375,00.asp

It gave me enough information to let me know my phone was at/near my house. Apple has a similar setup for those with i-Phones. So if you're in a panic about where your phone is, with a few clicks of the computer mouse you can find it, or have someone else find it's location for you from their home/office PC and then relay the information to you if you're out of your house when you lose the phone. You can also lock your phone down or even erase everything on it remotely should the need arise. It's handy stuff to know. Once you're wihin twenty yards of it you can track it down by the ringer (assuming it's not in silent mode.) I wonder if you can change that remotely? Hmm . .. . I think I'll bookmark that site on my phone in case I come across anyone who's lost a phone. 

If you have teens or a possibly straying spouse, you can install an app on their phone that will let you track them, send you copies of their texts, emails, and more. There may be some legal niceties and social awkwardness doing so, but it's possible, if not maybe fully legal/ethical/proper everywhere. Those services typically come with a charge however and start at around $14.95 a month, but if you've got a kid begging for a smartphone that's one of the terms and conditions you could impose on them for getting them a smartphone. The old "I'll get you a nice phone, but..."

If you've got a potentially cheating spouse and a good lawyer in place, you could give the cheating spouse a new phone (with the app in place) as an anniversary gift etc. and then either confirm your suspicions or put your mind at ease.

At some point in future wedding ceremonies a line may be added, "Do you vow to openly share all of your social media offerings with your husband/wife? If so, accept the download of this app and swear to never remove it from your device." It kind of replaces the old "trust" with verify, but that may not be so bad.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Just a quick update. The Android Device Manager will ring your phone at full volume for five minutes once you've narrowed the search to help you hone in on the phone. Handy stuff!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: LOST MY CELL PHONE !!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

If you've got an Android phone, here's a great article on how to track it down easily and free (to within about 20 yards anyway on mine when I just tested it.) http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2423375,00.asp

It gave me enough information to let me know my phone was at/near my house. Apple has a similar setup for those with i-Phones. So if you're in a panic about where your phone is, with a few clicks of the computer mouse you can find it, or have someone else find it's location for you from their home/office PC and then relay the information to you if you're out of your house when you lose the phone. You can also lock your phone down or even erase everything on it remotely should the need arise. It's handy stuff to know. Once you're wihin twenty yards of it you can track it down by the ringer (assuming it's not in silent mode.) I wonder if you can change that remotely? Hmm . .. . I think I'll bookmark that site on my phone in case I come across anyone who's lost a phone. 

If you have teens or a possibly straying spouse, you can install an app on their phone that will let you track them, send you copies of their texts, emails, and more. There may be some legal niceties and social awkwardness doing so, but it's possible, if not maybe fully legal/ethical/proper everywhere. Those services typically come with a charge however and start at around $14.95 a month, but if you've got a kid begging for a smartphone that's one of the terms and conditions you could impose on them for getting them a smartphone. The old "I'll get you a nice phone, but..."

If you've got a potentially cheating spouse and a good lawyer in place, you could give the cheating spouse a new phone (with the app in place) as an anniversary gift etc. and then either confirm your suspicions or put your mind at ease.

At some point in future wedding ceremonies a line may be added, "Do you vow to openly share all of your social media offerings with your husband/wife? If so, accept the download of this app and swear to never remove it from your device." It kind of replaces the old "trust" with verify, but that may not be so bad.

@gardenman

Great article.  Thanks for posting.

I have Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017 with Mobile Security which has lost device protection.

I have it set up on my phone and my Kindle Fire.  I can log in on my laptop and it tells me where my phone is.  I have the option to sound an alarm, wipe it or lock it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: LOST MY CELL PHONE !!!

[ Edited ]

I keep my ringer of most of the time unless I am expecting an important call.  I rarely get calls on my cell.  I do have it on vibrate so I can feel it when it's in my purse.

I have to test to see is the alarm works when the ringer is off.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I keep my ringer of most of the time unless I am expecting an important call.  I rarely get calls on my cell.  I do have it on vibrate so I can feel it when it's in my purse.

I have to test to see is the alarm works when the ringer is off.

I just tested it and it worked with the ringer turned off. Neat! I turned off the ringer and put the phone in silent mode then went to the website and hit the button to ring the phone and it rang. It's a very neat little tool to help you find your phone. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I also just tried it with the phone turned off and it won't turn on the phone to ring and can't find it when turned off. Pity! If you lose your phone anytime, try to find it before the battery gets too low.

But as I'm writing this I turned the phone back on and as soon as the phone came fully awake the locating ring came through. Interesting. It's a pretty clever little feature to know about and be able to use.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman

Hey G-man .... thanks for posting this information !!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gardenman

Hey G-man .... thanks for posting this information !!  Woman LOL

You're very welcome! It's good stuff to know. Google will narrow the search field down to about sixty feet, then with the phone ringing non-stop at full volume for five minutes you should be able to locate it. I've bookmarked the information in case I need it anytime.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!