Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I wish everybody in America would lose their cell phone 

@Blingqueen023

Why would you feel that way?   Are you receiving too many phone calls?    I'm curious as to what's behind that comment.

Yes, some people spend too much time on theirs, but cell phones have also saved many people ....  stranded, car trouble, needing some sort of assistance.    

It's one of those things people feel they should say - like Bullying is Everywhere, I Would Never Bank or Purchase Online, I Pay Cash For Everything, All Uses and All Users of Cell Phones are Horrible. Oh, and don't forget You're Just a Jealous Hater 😜

Anything on the planet can be mis-used, including penicillin and CPR. Some people are The Reminders.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 Do you have an Android phone? If you do then all your contact numbers & photos would be backed up by google & accessible through your account.You could get the Tracphone & as soon as you log into Google your contacts will transfer over.

Good luck!!

Not necessarily. That's a choice. On one of my phones Google hasn't synced my phone contacts since last December, and has NO photos from that phone.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, I've stopped "panicing" and have a handle on things ... I think.

First, I went to my online Verizon account and suspended my account so no one can make calls and the phone can't be reactivated by whomever "found" it.

Secondly, I don't want to deal with a new phone right now, so I called Verizon to see if I could get my current exact phone again.  Nope, it's discontinued.   So I went on Ebay and found a couple of my exact phone for less than $35.

If I can't find mine by tonight or tomorrow morning, I'm going to order one and take it to Verizon to reactivate.

I keep thinking one of these days I want to get a Tracfone smart phone, but not now.    I need to get all my stored phone numbers recorded one way or another, and deal with the idea of a new phone another time.

Feels good to have a plan ....   did I forget anything? 

You would want to make sure Verizon can activate that phone.  Just cause you got the original one from them, doesn't mean the new one you'd order would work.  Is it unlocked?

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 Do you have an Android phone? If you do then all your contact numbers & photos would be backed up by google & accessible through your account.You could get the Tracphone & as soon as you log into Google your contacts will transfer over.

Good luck!!

Not necessarily. That's a choice. On one of my phones Google hasn't synced my phone contacts since last December, and has NO photos from that phone.

@x Hedge

Verizon has an cloud app on their phones. It gives  customers X amount  of storage free, and then you can buy.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOST MY CELL PHONE !!!

[ Edited ]

A cell phone that is  lost is not a big deal to me. I lose it, I lose it. I would not have a  meltdown like some here  would more annoying then upsetting to me. These things are gadgets people. I would just go and get another phone and shut down the service on the one that was lost or stolen. Woman Indifferent

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

A cell phone that is  lost is not a big deal to me. I lose it, I lose it. I would not have a  meltdown like some here  would more annoying then upsetting to me. These things are gadgets people. I would just go and get another phone and shut down the service on the one that was lost or stolen. Woman Indifferent

That might be your reaction but, others have the right to have a meltdown as you call it.  How important or expensive a phone is determines the reaction.  I know people who have everything on their phone and don't back it up. 

Trusted Contributor

@glb613

I am hoping your cell phone has turned up by now, that darned thing! If not, have you checked under your car seat or in the trunk?

Woman Indifferent

dee

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I wish everybody in America would lose their cell phone 

I understand completely!  Wherever i go i am forced to listen to other peoples business.  I remember when i could go shopping and think about nothing but shopping, my escape.  Not anymore.  Phone noise is everywhere and people pretend to be so clueless, but honestly I dont think they care,  Where i work people take calls during appts and expect doctors to wait.  Really?  And then there ismthe addiction factor to all the ****** that isnt the phone side.  People walk around like zombies.  And finally but this should have been first, people use them in the car and are endangering everyone, everyone!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: LOST MY CELL PHONE !!!

[ Edited ]

@apple1964 wrote:

@apple1964

Excuse me?    

I went back and re-read my posts, and didn't see anywhere I had a "meltdown".    I'm very careful with my belongings  .....  and rarely lose anything.   My asking for feedback was because I wanted to be sure I didn't forget anything with my cell phone and a replacement.   

Since you had absolutely nothing helpful to contribute here,  feel free to move along ....  and try to have a nice day.

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

@glb613

I am hoping your cell phone has turned up by now, that darned thing! If not, have you checked under your car seat or in the trunk?

Woman Indifferent

dee

@deedledeedeedle

Oh boy, I've checked everywhere ...  several times.  Thanks.  Even checked down to the bottom of my trash baskets.   That little sucker is either gone, or hiding very well.   The new one should be delivered in a day or two, so my life can get back to normal, lol.