New Contributor

Lack of Diversity in Programming - CUSTOMER SERVICE FAIL

[ Edited ]

Today I was blocked by the Twitter/Social Media team for expressing my opinion about the lack of diversity in programming at QVC. What a disgraceful way to treat a customer! These forums are for free speech, as evidenced by the chatter about everything from Paula Deen returning to the color of Shawn Killinger's nail polish.

QVC you have lost a customer today, and I have been shopping for over 20 years. There is simply no excuse for the way you engage with customers and your viewing audience. We are not stupid people - we have buying power and opinions and they should be respected.

Here is my complaint: the Twitter, Instagram, web site, and Facebook feeds lack diversity, as do the on-air guests and vendors. QVC does an excellent job with the models - they reflect every size, shape, age, and ethnicity which is excellent. However, much work needs to be done in other categories, especially beauty which comprises a large segment of programming.

You've lost a customer. I cancelled my QCard and all of my orders because it's clear you did not take my complaints seriously nor were you willing to engage in productive dialogue about how to address the problem.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lack of Diversity in Programming - CUSTOMER SERVICE FAIL

Did you comment here, or on another medium?

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Did you comment here, or on another medium?

She said Twitter/Social Media.  I think if people that make those kinds of comments (which I truly believe are just phooey), they would write a letter to QVC and that way they will know who they are dealing with.  If you can't show who you really are, your're blowing smoke .... that's my opinion.

Respected Contributor

@QVCDivah wrote:

Today I was blocked by the Twitter/Social Media team for expressing my opinion about the lack of diversity in programming at QVC. What a disgraceful way to treat a customer! These forums are for free speech, as evidenced by the chatter about everything from Paula Deen returning to the color of Shawn Killinger's nail polish.

QVC you have lost a customer today, and I have been shopping for over 20 years. There is simply no excuse for the way you engage with customers and your viewing audience. We are not stupid people - we have buying power and opinions and they should be respected.

Here is my complaint: the Twitter, Instagram, web site, and Facebook feeds lack diversity, as do the on-air guests and vendors. QVC does an excellent job with the models - they reflect every size, shape, age, and ethnicity which is excellent. However, much work needs to be done in other categories, especially beauty which comprises a large segment of programming.

You've lost a customer. I cancelled my QCard and all of my orders because it's clear you did not take my complaints seriously nor were you willing to engage in productive dialogue about how to address the problem.

Nope, these forums nor any other platform QVC utilizes is for "free speech"  You have them confused with the government.

As someone else already posted, if you were truly concerned and not just looking to stir the pot you would be corresponding with corporate not posting on social media.

Honored Contributor

@QVCDivah wrote:

That's too bad. I think you're absolutely right about diversity.

But these forums are not for free speech. Read the Terms of Service. Free speech is specific to freedom from the government and has nothing to do with speech on a private company's forum. The same applies to Facebook and Twitter.

But there's some good news about Twitter. QVC can block you, but that only means that you can't see their Tweets and they can't see yours. Everyone else can still see what you're saying about QVC. And when it comes to applying peer pressure, that's who you really want to see your message - everyone else. So keep tweeting

Trusted Contributor

Phoney, fake outrage is the in thing. ? Pot stirrer.

Respected Contributor

These are QVC's forums and they have the right and guidelines to monitor free speech as QVC sees fit.

1st Amendment may not apply.

Trusted Contributor

I do believe the world has very serious issues, but I don't feel this is one of them. 

Respected Contributor

@maestra wrote:

These are QVC's forums and they have the right and guidelines to monitor free speech as QVC sees fit.

1st Amendment may not apply.

@maestra people can't seem to make that distinction.

Valued Contributor

Why or why can't (or won't) people get it through their heads that this site belongs to QVC and not them?

Therefore, if they don't feel they have the freedom to post whatever they want, they should find a site which does - how about theirr own Facebook?