Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST WAY TO RETURN A GARMENT TO QVC?

[ Edited ]

I haven't read all of the posts, but I'm just guessing that using the return label, QVC somehow (eletronically) knows that we mailed (returned) the items.  It's sort of our 'insurance'.  Also, less likely to be 'lost' because of the tracking feature.  Oh, now that I'm thinking about it:  How would they know whether or not we packaged two or more items in one package?  Maybe we should mark on the package:  'Three items enclosed'.  But the tracking/QVC electronic/information features wouldn't have that info. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I no longer purchase anything heavy from QVC ..... I keep it to things like jewelry or beauty items.

When I do return something, I always print a preprinted label on Paypal and then drop it in the PO drop box.   

It's reasonable and tracking is free.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If you haven't shipped anything USPS recently, you may be in for a huge surprise.  Pretty much any return you make now has to be priority mail or you use a flat rate box.

I disagree with this statement.  Anything light - such as jewelry - is much cheaper to mail by first class, which as of recently also has free tracking. 

As for my prepaid label packages, I stand at the counter and have them scan it in as "acceptance at P.O." for proof that I mailed it. I don't have any additional paperwork, just the receipt they give me with my tracking number that it's been accepted and is, therefore, proof that I mailed it.

I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with in what you copied of my entire pos

@Lipstickdiva  I thought it would be clear from my discussion of first class mail, which you didn't mention.  Not everything is pretty much priority or flat rate.  Light items go first class and much cheaper than the rates you mentioned.  

By the way, everyone, the prepaid label takes quite a bit longer to get to QVC than shipping directly USPS.  Even QVC CS told me that - it all goes to one location and they have to go pick it up.  I've noticed that myself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anytime I have tried to return something using Click N Ship, the only options I am given is always priority mail.  I have never been given an option to use first class mail.  Maybe it's the weight of what I'm sending back, I'm not sure.  In the past, sometimes but not often, I had the option to send back using first class mail and I also remember delivery confirmation was included.  Now there is also an extra cost for that. 

I absolutely will not return something by slapping postage on it and dropping it in a mailbox.  I'm not taking the chance on the item being lost or stolen and me being out the money.

I also haven't had a bad experience with items taking that much longer to get to QVC when I use the label they provide.  Maybe a day or 2 but that doesn't matter to me at all. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Anytime I have tried to return something using Click N Ship, the only options I am given is always priority mail. 

That's true.  I never meant to use click n ship for first class.  It's still cheaper to go to the counter and pay first class than use click n ship for priority with a discount.

Honored Contributor

I checked rates at the USPS counter a couple times and they were higher than the Q label.  I don't bother to check these days.  I don't return a lot and just go with the Q label. 

Esteemed Contributor

I never sent pants back. But I sent a top back before and I fit it in a vanilla bubble envelope and mailed it back via the post office. It was very cheap to send back (much cheaper than QVC charges on shipping). Anyway, I only sent 3 or 4 total things back ever to QVC, but I never use their slip and I always took it to the post office. I would never do UPS, our nearest UPS is 30 miles away! Post office, 3 miles!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

My post office is so HORRIBLE that I am not willing to wait in line to save a dollar or even two.  When I have had to go there for reasons other than a QVC return, my wait time in line is never less 20 minutes. I love the QVC return label for the convenience. 

Contributor

Let's say that you are returning two clothing items. Am I correct that some of you put both items in one return bag with ONE of the $6.95 return stickers? 

Honored Contributor

@cds wrote:

Let's say that you are returning two clothing items. Am I correct that some of you put both items in one return bag with ONE of the $6.95 return stickers? 

QVC requires you to only put in the item that the return label matches.  Otherwise Q will charge you more for the other items.

That's one reason why I don't use the return label.  As I said in an aarlier post, I returend five items via USPS and using the shipping discount for printing the label off their site, I got a discount of $3 from the $11 cost.  I think sending back five clothing items for $8 was pretty darn inexpensive, esp. compared to Q's shipping label.