Regular Contributor

Re: Vendor on Amazon offered me money to remove a bad review

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

How would I contact Amazon to let them know this? The rep that e-mailed me offered to send the refund to my PayPal account (how stupid do they think I am?!) I refused the offer saying that I would not remove the review since I feel that the prospective customer has the right to read both bad & good reviews. 

I'm an Amazon Vine reviewer. I was invited to Vine in 2008. I used to buy a lot of digital cameras when those first came out & I wrote reviews that people found helpful. I was in the Top 500 Reviewers on Amazon before they took away the ranking a couple months ago.

The seller offering you money thru PayPal is nothing new, especially during the past few years when Amazon let in all the third party sellers. Whenever you write a 3 star or less review, the sellers will go crazy. If the money trick doesn't work, they will send you emails that their children will go hungry, they will lose their jobs, etc., etc., until you remove your review rating. Don't delete your review or change the star rating no matter what. These sellers are mostly resellers from China, buying their cheap products from Alibaba and slapping their made-up company name on them.

Amazon knows about this, believe me....and they don't care. So nothing will happen, even if you report it to Amazon. Sure, Amazon will send you an email thanking you for letting them know, but they already know and choose to do nothing. I hope one of these days the third party sellers on Amazon bite them in the rear.

@Hmmmmm24 

Uh huh, and the Sun sets in the East, where I live!

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

If you don't believe me, I'll give you my Amazon reviewer name and you can see for yourself. I don't understand what your problem is, John. You and I used to be friends here on the board (years ago), when I was OK4aBlonde. I had to change my user name. Geez!!! But whatever...believe what you want. Better yet, why don't you Google "Amazon Vine Program".

Honored Contributor

@Hmmmmm24 

just curious...... roughly how much extra do you have pay in taxes each year to receive all of the freebies?.....if you dont mind my asking?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Hmmmmm24 

just curious...... roughly how much extra do you have pay in taxes each year to receive all of the freebies?.....if you dont mind my asking?

I have an extra $25 for Federal and $10 for State withheld from my taxes per paycheck. I took items worth $2500.00 estimated tax value (ETV) for review last year. This was the first year I actually got a refund - about $1000.00, but I had to pay my State $501. I'm at the point now where I don't need much and most of the items offered for review aren't name brand things, so I'd be OK with it if Amazon decided to end the Vine Program.

Trusted Contributor

You cannot use pay pal on Amazon makes the complaint seem fake!
Honored Contributor

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Hmmmmm24 

I have an extra $25 for Federal and $10 for State withheld from my taxes per paycheck. I took items worth $2500.00 estimated tax value (ETV) for review last year. This was the first year I actually got a refund - about $1000.00, but I had to pay my State $501. I'm at the point now where I don't need much and most of the items offered for review aren't name brand things, so I'd be OK with it if Amazon decided to end the Vine Program.

thanks @Hmmmmm24 !

i was reading a couple of comments regarding the tax situation, so i was curious. someone mentioned that their rule of thumb is for every 10K in merchandise plan on 2K in taxes. i cannot believe that some people get 20K in merchandise! that is a lot of stuff.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Hmmmmm24 

thanks @Hmmmmm24 !

i was reading a couple of comments regarding the tax situation, so i was curious. someone mentioned that their rule of thumb is for every 10K in merchandise plan on 2K in taxes. i cannot believe that some people get 20K in merchandise! that is a lot of stuff.......

@sunshine45 

It all depends on your tax bracket. I'm on a forum for Vine Reviewers and $20K is quite common. One woman in Florida took over $100K worth of stuff (junk).

Honored Contributor

@Hmmmmm24  I remember you from the Beauty Banter forum here!  We used to post together on the Tova threads.  Remember the *TOVA IT'S OVAH*? thread?  I always wondered what happened to you.  Glad to see you back.

Regular Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Hmmmmm24  I remember you from the Beauty Banter forum here!  We used to post together on the Tova threads.  Remember the *TOVA IT'S OVAH*? thread?  I always wondered what happened to you.  Glad to see you back.

Yes I remember you. I  took a break from here for quite awhile. Lost my job of 30 years but found a couple others and recently I actually retired.  It's good to be back. Still wearing Tova Summer. I gave up on the original. 

Super Contributor

I recently received a letter via postal mail from a vendor I purchased from on Amazon. It offered me a $20 gift card or another free product to share a positive review about the product on Amazon. I reported it and sent a copy of the letter to Amazon and they have done nothing. They don't care. The product also happens to be an "Amazon's Choice" product. So we all know how that happens now...

I ended up returning the product for a refund and also posted a negative review and mentioned the letter in the review. It just went live today. Amazon doesn't follow their own community standards, it's just corporate BS,

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Theoriginallacey wrote:

I recently received a letter via postal mail from a vendor I purchased from on Amazon. It offered me a $20 gift card or another free product to share a positive review about the product on Amazon. I reported it and sent a copy of the letter to Amazon and they have done nothing. They don't care. The product also happens to be an "Amazon's Choice" product. So we all know how that happens now...

I ended up returning the product for a refund and also posted a negative review and mentioned the letter in the review. It just went live today. Amazon doesn't follow their own community standards, it's just corporate BS,

You've got it figured out! And Amazon isn't supposed to share your postal address with the 3rd party sellers (if it ships from Amazon) so that's another rule they're breaking. A couple years ago there was also a security breach where some Amazon employees shared customer emails & addresses with 3rd party sellers for cash. Those slimy 3rd party sellers are always trying to scam people....most are based out of China, yet they have their products stored in Amazon warehouses so they ship faster.