Trusted Contributor

Re: There should be a law...

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@northiie57 

Whether you like it or not, there is no other way to better reach older people than the TV.  Not newspapers, not magazines, not internet.  

Personally, I find campaign commercials during any election more annoying, and they seem to last months longer.  

Your best option is to stop watching TV in real time .... just record what you like and fast forward through every commercial and save yourself both time and aggravation.

yes and when I change the channel, boom there it is again! Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

They have dragged out yet another celebrity for this.  George Foreman.  Saw it, a little while ago.  I've never seen him do the commercials so maybe his is the new iteration.  That sphiel can become sickening....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

The ads are legit.  As with all Advantahe Plans, they can only be sold in certain areas. But there are thousands of different plans sold in the US.

The ads are annoying, but they are within the law.  Just because a certain plan might not be available where you live or you are not interested doesn't mean someone else isn't interested.

many include dental, vision, meals, RX drugs and money back on your SS check each month.  Some p, but not  all are based on income....Medicaid and Medicare Advantage together.

Honored Contributor

If you get tired of the ads for Medicare packages, you can always come here and read about how people can't believe the prices of food QVC sells.

And that goes on year around!  Not just at Medicare time!  Woman FrustratedWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

The ads are legit.  As with all Advantahe Plans, they can only be sold in certain areas. But there are thousands of different plans sold in the US.

The ads are annoying, but they are within the law.  Just because a certain plan might not be available where you live or you are not interested doesn't mean someone else isn't interested.

many include dental, vision, meals, RX drugs and money back on your SS check each month.  Some p, but not  all are based on income....Medicaid and Medicare Advantage together.

@Carmie  I think the OP knows already that  they are within the law, hence the thread title.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG I agree! 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie  I think the OP knows already that  they are within the law, hence the thread title.

I disagree.  She said the ads are BS.

Esteemed Contributor

@northiie57 It depends on what you watch.  Try some programming with appeal to a younger audience.  Yes I watch some of those shows with the ads too.  So I miix it up.

Honored Contributor

The zip code thing is ridiculous!! 

Honored Contributor

Ugh!  I HATE commercials.  I can't remember the last time I watched a show live.

For the reason (commercials) you just mentioned is why I DVR every show.

That was I can fast forward over ALL commercials.

Now we are driven crazy with advertisements about voting..two words..fast forward.

I leave it up to my Drs on what medicine they will prescribe.

I don't take many generic medicine.  If you read about them they'll say "similar properties"...not exactly the same".  The outcome is similar.

Anyway, I totally agree...I hate commercials too.