Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

An interior bathroom because of an Eminem tornado...

Bless your heart @monicakm   I got a chuckle out of your "Eminem" tornado 🤣.  I knew what you meant, but it gave me a laugh!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

😊OH NO!! This is distressing to read!😐 It has been awhile since your last post, and I am HOPING and PRAYING you and your fur babies are SAFE!!!🤞🙏 Please update us as SOON as you can!!!❤❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

All clear 🤪

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

All clear 🤪

@monicakm  - Whew!  Glad all is well.  I've never lived where there are tornadoes.  Do you get much warning?  We don't get any warning with earthquakes.

Respected Contributor

We had four tornadoes today south of us,  but thankfully they touched down in rural areas with few people and no one was injured, but lots of damage. Glad you have your pups with you....one of the homes that was almost destroyed had three dogs....the owner left them behind when he went to a relative's house away from the storm track...the dogs were not injured, but you could clearly tell they were traumatized....whimpering and wanting someone to hug them. One of the dogs is missing. I hope the storms passed you by without any problems.

You sound like a wonderful pup mama!

Super Contributor
I'm Sooo glad it passed. I live in earthquake country with 7.2 being the largest thus far, but tornados are utterly terrifying to me. I hope you and the furbabies can relax now and get some rest which you need for recovery after the surgery...take care ❤️
Esteemed Contributor
@Trailrun23. What kind of person leaves their 3 dogs behind when a tornado is coming? I HOPE it is because they left when there was no threat. Otherwise they don’t deserve to have pets. I live in hurricane country. Tornados are much scarier though. Glad the OP is okay.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Yes we get warnings from weather people and an emergency siren on our phones and in town. Sometimes it is impossible to look up in the sky and see one because of dense cloud cover.  A tornado watch means the conditions are prime for a tornado. A tornado warning means one has been spotted. Today was a tornado warning. I have never been fearful of tornadoes but I'm sure if I'd actually been in one I'd feel totally different. My daughter on the other hand is scared to death of them.

I thought that there were seismograph machines that could measured in coming earthquakes. A few years ago we were in a direct path of a tornado. I had time to gather up a few belongings and my dog and headed east. I sat in a Walmart parking lot until it passed me going north. They usually come from the southwest and travel Northeast. I could see on my car the path that it was taking.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

We live in Tornado Alley too. Tulsa is supposed to have severe weather today and tonight. The storm shelter has been prepared and ready if needed. 

The thing that really scares me is when the violent storms happen at night.

🙏🏻🌪️⛈️☂️

Respected Contributor

@monicakm , quite the homecoming for you. Glad all is well. Take care.