Honored Contributor

Re: The Storm Has Started (2/13/14)

On 2/13/2014 JustJazzmom said:

This is one tremendous storm as seen on radar.

I know, it's incredibly huge -- the perspective on radar is staggering.

I hope everyone can stay safe and warm. Take good care of yourselves and those you love.

As I said on another thread, I hope we remember to be supportive of the countless people working long hours in times like this, the crews repairing power lines and cables, the emergency responders, the teams clearing roads and moving felled trees... I can't imagine how their families worry when they see them go out into the very weather most of us try to avoid.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Same here in PA, round 2 of the storm started hours ago. My gosh, our deck and hot tub are covered to the top. I cant even see out our French doors its that deep from the blowing! Its a complete white out! This is insane! They said its going to snow 2 inches an hour till morning. That's another foot on top of a foot earlier! Ugh! My cousin posted on FB they lost power for 3 hours. I pray we don't lose power!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

On 2/13/2014 maryebrown said:
On 2/13/2014 HisElk said:
On 2/13/2014 Shorty2U said:

I'm in PA and it started here before midnight and isn't ending until very early Friday morning. They just upped our totals to 18 inches and the National Guard is on call here in case. On a good note, I think I finally talked my husband into staying home from work tomorrow for once. I hope so anyway!

Be safe everyone!

Hi Shorty2U, hope you don't mind my bolding part of your post. My hopes are that he listens to you and stays home.

We're getting blasted here too (in south central Pa) and we've had over 1000 cancellations/closings.

The country music star, Darius Rucker was scheduled to be doing a concert here on Saturday and that's even been canceled and rescheduled for early March. It is very bad here and what we're seeing on TV with people on the roads (mostly trucks) is not good at all.

Stay safe and hope your hubby listens to you!

Wasn't he w/ Hooty & the Blowfish??? LOVE his voice! I bet he'll do an excellent concert!

He is a country singer now. Had a big hit song Wagon Wheel 2013 and has had several others since he made the switch. We are big fans. Loved him when he was with Hootie also.

Honored Contributor

Round 2 of the snow is ongoing and it is starting to get really windy. I hope we don't get sleet on top of the snow. It sounds a little iffy. Now they're saying it could be in the 40s by Tuesday and in the 50s by Friday of next week.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~