Respected Contributor

The Storm Has Started (2/13/14)

It is now snowing (again) on Long Island.

I'm sick of winter and sick of the snow.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

How are you guys doing down South?

Were you hit as badly as "they" were predicting?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

Re: The Storm Has Started (2/13/14)

Hi Lotus. I'm so sorry about the weather. I know you folks are fed up with it, and I don't blame you one bit. I hope you'll be safe and warm through this one. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Be careful Lotus, I feel your pain. Be careful.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Hi rondell......thanks for your "warm" wishes...LOL

Are you going to get hit with this storm? If so, stay safe.

Hey Jane....what are they predicting for your neck of the woods.?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

On 2/13/2014 Lotus~ said:

I really hate to tell you this, but I'm in So Cal. We've had very little winter where I live. Today was sunshine, clear blue sky, a temp of 77. It was beautiful.

Honored Contributor

We're getting a wintry mix then all rain by the evening with high winds. Oh joy{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

On 2/13/2014 rondell said:

I really hate to tell you this, but I'm in So Cal. We've had very little winter where I live. Today was sunshine, clear blue sky, a temp of 77. It was beautiful.

We live in So. Calif too and I hate to complain but we need rain and cooler weather so desperately.

Best wishes to all who are going through the opposite.

Respected Contributor

I literally chucked out load when I read this. I had no idea you were on the West Coast.....for some reason I always thought you were from the Mid-West. LOL

Well, you're living where I long to be. While I was at work last night we were discussing where we could move to, to have nice weather all the time.....and I decided either San Diego or Hawaii.

Enjoy your lovely weather.....I'll be thinking of you while I'm shoveling the mess tomorrow....LOL {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in PA and it started here before midnight and isn't ending until very early Friday morning. They just upped our totals to 18 inches and the National Guard is on call here in case. On a good note, I think I finally talked my husband into staying home from work tomorrow for once. I hope so anyway!

Be safe everyone!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

I literally chucked out load when I read this. I had no idea you were on the West Coast.....for some reason I always thought you were from the Mid-West. LOL

Well, you're living where I long to be. While I was at work last night we were discussing where we could move to, to have nice weather all the time.....and I decided either San Diego or Hawaii.

Enjoy your lovely weather.....I'll be thinking of you while I'm shoveling the mess tomorrow....LOL {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Just to be clear, Lotus, I'm a Texan. I'm only here because DH was transferred here because of his employment. I'm very thankful that he has a good job, don't get me wrong, but it isn't home.

When I said I hated to tell you where I was, it was only because we are having such an early Spring with nice temps, while you folks are freezing and covered up with snow.

We actually need rain and lots of it.