Esteemed Contributor

@Shorty2U

I think what you and your granddaughter are doing is a beautiful bonding experience that you will carry with you for the rest of your lives.  My husband's aunt was 80 when she and her daughter got matching tats.

As someone else mentioned a tattoo today is like pierced ears of times gone by. It is so common that is has become the norm and acceptable in most settings and if not, there is makeup to cover them. 

I usually prefer a big piece of art that leaves little un-inked skin to many random tattoos all over the body. That's just the Libra in me seeking balance.😊

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

This again?  I answered the first ten threads on this topic. Lol. 

@GenXmuse

This topic has come up before and probably will again.

We're kinda limited on what topics we can discuss here, so sometimes 'previous' topics come up again....and again.

If you're tired of this subject that you've already answered "10 times", wouldn't it be easier for you to just ignore the 11th time?

Just a friendly suggestion.

it was just an observation and not meant to snark on anyone.  Just a comment about us all since I chime in a lot since I happen to love tattoos, I’m always thankful for a friendly suggestion if that is indeed, how it was meant to be received though. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama got a beauty last year!

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse

Most of us have a life and simply dip in and out of chats and don't know much about what has or has not been discussed before. If i decide to post about something, I wouldn't know whether it had been discussed in the past. Just don't read about topics that you deem repetitious. Easy Peasy.

Trusted Contributor

My skin is too fair for a tat but I've seen really beautiful tattoos on women who had brown skin. One acquaintance of mine had hers done with just black ink on the entire length of one arm in vines and flowers and it was amazingly beautiful.  Never saw anything like that before.  No color and yet it was beautiful.  On me that black ink against my fair skin would not look good at all.  I have seen tattoos with pretty color on  fair skin and it did look good but again on me no, it would not look good. I have freckles and really fair skin; not a good canvas for lettering either. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have several small tattoos on the back of my neck. It is the longitude and latitude of where my daughter was born along with her birth date and a shamrock. My father was a pilot and he had that of all of his children so I wanted to do the same. All are easily hidden.

I have many friends who have tattoos and my daughter has several small ones. One is mom in French along with a Hello Kitty tattoo. While I don't care what others do, I am just not fond of lots of tattoos or sleeves on women. I just don't like the way it looks. If you do, that is all that matters. It just isn't my bag. My niece has full sleeves on each arm and a bunch of her legs. I just think she is so beautiful and to me, it just takes away from it. JMO.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@fordtruck wrote:

My skin is too fair for a tat but I've seen really beautiful tattoos on women who had brown skin. One acquaintance of mine had hers done with just black ink on the entire length of one arm in vines and flowers and it was amazingly beautiful.  Never saw anything like that before.  No color and yet it was beautiful.  On me that black ink against my fair skin would not look good at all.  I have seen tattoos with pretty color on  fair skin and it did look good but again on me no, it would not look good. I have freckles and really fair skin; not a good canvas for lettering either. 

There is no such thing as too fair for a tattoo, I think the contrast between my very pale skin and my tattoos looks beautiful. The colors are true, but I think my solid black ones look even nicer. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@GenXmuse

Most of us have a life and simply dip in and out of chats and don't know much about what has or has not been discussed before. If i decide to post about something, I wouldn't know whether it had been discussed in the past. Just don't read about topics that you deem repetitious. Easy Peasy.

Please see message 72.

point taken. Again. 

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I've never seen a tattoo I liked.

No words, name or picture would have any more meaning if they were tattooed on me.

Honored Contributor

That's great, @Shorty2U, and another connection between you and this child.  How about on your inner wrist?  If done in cursive it would look especially nice, and a heart before and after the phrase could represent you and your granddaughter.